Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Think its happening again. Not sure if this sounds familiar to anyone

Hi everyone,

I dont post that often as trying not to get too obsessed with ttc but whats happening at the moment is really weird and i assume i am having another mc.

AF was due 12th feb and i tested but it was BFN. 2 days later I got what i thought was my period but what was weird was it was a bit shorter than normal but still heavy..

so i have just got back from a tough work trip and i have been complaining to my husband that the long days are making me really tired. but then i started getting pms type symptoms with really sore boobs.

For some reason I just thought what the hell i will test and it was positive. I was totally shocked as 2 days before AF it was negative. Tested again this morning and yep still positive. Went to the EPU before work on the doctors advice and they did a scan which showed nothing but they did another test and yep its a strong positive.

I just dont get it. I am gutted because i thought i was coming up to ov and we could retry but now i have to wait and see what happens. I very much doubt the hormones will go up and it will be a viable preg. i just hope its not ectopic.

I am now in complete limbo. I am also annoyed cos the doctor gave me what i feel is false hope and said it may be a preg but too early to see on the scan. My poor hubs is clinging to this.

Dont expect responses i am just so confused and cant talk to anyone cos we thought we were out this month.

Good luck to those of you testing soon x

Replies

• Hi jcmbuk.

Dont no what to say other than try to stay positive flowerpot, i no how hard it is. Who said it was easy to get pregnant!!
  • I would say you are PG hun, did they do the scan internally? Even if they did at this early stage there wouldn't be much to see other than a thickened lining. I would say see what the next few weeks bring as you are getting strong positives. Did they check your HCG levels by chance? If not you could ask for serial HCG's to be done then at about 6.5 wks with an internal scan you should definately be able to see something! The bleed you had could ahve been implantation especially since you had a negative before that that then turned to positive.

I have my FC'd for you. Keep us updated!

BoB. x
  • Thank you for your replies its nice to have the support network here. Yes the scan was internal and i had 2 blood tests 48 hours apart so they could see if the HCG levels were rising.

So i thought i would let you know the latest. I just got a call from the hospital who confirmed my HCG levels are going up as expected. I am in total shock! I have to go back on 10 March for another scan and more blood tests. That seems like ages away.. another 10 days to be in complete limbo of not knowing if we are pregnant..

The confusing thing was i thought they would have seen something on the internal scan i had last week when i should have been just under 5 weeks? Would you not have thought that? So i am also worried it could be ectopic.

I am going to have a hard time getting through the next 10 days. Nobody prepares you for this rollercoster ride trying for a baby do they! I have to prepare myself for the worst but at the same time remain optimistic that this could finally be my time.

I will let you know what happens. Thanks again girls. Wishing everyone good luck and happiness in their own journeys to motherhood. Jen x
  • Just noticed my user name! This is jcmbuk! Oops I am logged on as my sis! imageops:
  • Hey hun, didn't recognize the name! Well judging by the blood results I think things are looking very good! And no you wouldn't necessarily see something, I have had numerous scans at numerous stages due to multiple mc's and I would say you would have been too early to see much at all other than a thickened uterine lining at your last scan. So I would say try to relax at this point and look forwrad to seeing you're beany on the 10th!

BoB