Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

peoples pathetic responces grrrrrrrrrrrr

why do people who dont speak to u from one day to the next feel they now have a say in your life aaargghhhhh

i do not want to hear o it ok u can try again

i do not want to hear you have other children ( ex hubbys)

i cud go on but omg what is it with people

it took us 15mths to get our bfp

we were over the moon and had it snatched away in just over a wks times. this baby wud have been my partners 1st baby, life just isnt fair..........

major rant over ...............

thankyou for listening beep beep .............

Replies

• Hi pet...im in the same situation as you. Hubby and I dont have any kids between us, but we have 2 each with Xs. People are just trying to be positive, but unless you have lost a baby, you have no idea how it feels. People kept telling me 'youve both already had kids, it will happen again for you'or'its natures way'. Now these words dont upset me. Sadly, its a year since my mc and im still not pregnant again. People have stopped talking to me about getting pregnant again now. I guess they dont know what to say, no point in telling me it will happen again. Maybe it wont. Anyway, sorry for the rant, people mean well pet. Its just they dont know that we just dont want to hear it.

Take care, love Tracy xx
  • hi tracey. thanx for the responce. nice to know im not feeling alone in the feelings im feeling. hugs to u hunnie and heres to our bfp very soon xx xx xx and super sticky beans xxx
  • I'm with you on this one! I know that people are only meaning well and don't really know what to say, but it doesn' stop it hurting.

I work with hubby's family, and his mil sent me some flowers after the m/c. my wonderful bil told me i'm a lucky girl getting flowers, erm no i'd rather there wasn't a need for them thanks!

And while i know that we can try again, i don't want to have to (even though we are), i don't want to have to hear about all the pregnant women around me, or see them smugly (i'm sure they're not eally btw) rubbing their bumps. Agh.

Rant over, you're not alone hun.

xxxx.
  • thanx looby.... no u defo aint alone.... we shud be feeling our bumps n hope we do soon xxx
  • Hi girls sorry to GC I just wanted to say I remember that very well after my 3 mc's and Tracey is right people just want to try and say something positive as they really don't know what to say, unless you have been through it you really have no idea at all. I had some people who were obviously just trying to be positive but some peoples comments were downright hurtful - even some from my own mother! Thhis site was a godesend to me at the time and the only other person I ahd who I could talk to was my cousin who had had 2 mc's herself. A friend of mine even said to me 'maybe you weren't even PG' !!!!!! Can you believe that!!!

One thing I did think though and it did help me a lot after my MC's was that if I saw a PG women I would think to myself well you know I really don't know what she went through to get to that stage - it could have been so much more than I have been through for all I know, and that would make me feel happy as then I would know that maybe someone would look at me and be happy for me one day and maybe think the same.

I still got annoyed when I saw PG young kids though!

Good luck girls I hope you get you sticky bfp's soon.

BoB x
  • I'm completely with you on this one, people just don't know what to say so come out with completely ridiculous things. The amount of times i've heard 'well it wasn't meant to be' or 'there must've been something wrong, be thankful you lost it now rather then later', OMG!!! Well actually all 3 of my babies were meant to be and how dare anyone suggest otherwise. I work with a girl who is accidentally pg and is 2 weeks behind what I should've been now, she knows about all of my mc's yet constantly tells me about her pregnancy and what she's planning for the birth, today she was going on about breastfeeding and labour and I just wanted to scream at her to shut the f**k up!!! People have no idea unless it's happened to them and I think because I act like i'm ok with it people think I am and have just got over them all.

Sorry, i'm starting to rant on your thread now! I think people just have no idea, it's such a taboo (which also drives me mad). I just either walk away, change the subject, a couple of times i've just gone mad but then I have to remember that these people don't know how it feels and in their head they're just trying to make you feel better.

I hope you feel better soon xx
  • i cant thank you lovely ladies enough for ure responcies it so nice to feel less alone, and no that the anger i am feeling is not unjust.....

wishing everyone the best of luck with either ure pregnacy or on getting our bfp... and super sticky xxx
  • It's not unjust at all, I forgot to say I also would just say to people 'I would rather we didn't talk about this anymore' if they continued with more than one comment - they get the hint that way they stop with their comments!

Good luck. x