Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

So scared

I am so scared I am having a miscarriage. I am 11 weeks and have been spotting brown discharge and today it was more reddy rusty colour but only when I wipe. I have no pain and there's no blood on my pad. I went to out of hours doctor and they listened with doppler. I'm not sure of my dates, somewhere between 10 - 11 weeks. Anyway they couldn't hear heartbeat but got a steady reading of 150 and doc thought he could hear the baby moving away from the doppler. I am beside myself with worry. I have been to a&e but they sent me home with no scan just saying let nature take it's course. I have a scan for Tuesday. I am fearing the worst. It is also the time when I would have had a period. I have no idea what will happen if it is a miscarriage, whether to let my body do it or have a d&c. I am so scared and reading your stories I am so sad for some of you girls.

Replies

• Oh hun hugs to you. Bleeding in pregnancy is always scary but doesn't always mean the worst fingers crossed its just some break through bleeding.

I had 2 early miscariages at 5 1/2 then 6 1/2 weeks they both passed naturally a bit like heavy periods, the l;ater one was alot heavier though and I found it hard asI passed the sac. I've no experience ofD&C but if it come to it all the options wi;; be discussed with you.

I hope your scan on Tues goes well and you find good news xx
  • I replied on your other thread hun but just wanted to reiterate that brown blood is old blood and if you have no pain this is a good thing. Try to stay positive. I don't have experience of a D & C either as my mc also passed naturally. Also don't panic about the hb consultant couldn't get my daughter on the doppler at 14 weeks and mw said they wont usually try until after 16 weeks., Fingers crossed for torrow x