Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

early miscarrage

i started with brown spotting on monday on wednesday had some red blood so i was sent for a scan. this showed a sac of about 4 weeks (my dates suggested i should be 6) but i was told my dates could just be wrong. i started bleeding on friday morning and went back to my doctors. i was told i was having a miscarrage with no examination and sent home to bed. ive been bleeding since but not very heavy and ive had no pain at all! i dont know what to do with myself!

Replies

• Options
    Oh Lucy, I'm sorry to hear of your plight and send you big cyberhugs. Alas every experience of miscarriage is different from heavy to slight bleeding, horrendous cramps to pain free. Everyone feels loss but will cope with it differently. If you're uncertain whether you have truly miscarried consult your MW or hospital maternity ward, they should be able to arrange for scans/examinations t check your health which may be a good idea either way. If you have sadly lost your bundle they'll also be able to refer you to local support groups, as well as those on here who can empathise with your loss. Best wishes and take things easy.
  • Options
    dear lucy,truly sorry....

i to had an early miscarriage at first i was9 weeks it was easter weekend and i had very slight bleeding after using the loo but tried not to worry started getting pain mondaywent to casualty wed27th when pain bad and small clots after many hours suspected ectopic they couldnt scan???hcg were what they should be at 10 weeks and my cervix was closed i had a bulky uterus??sent home got a scan on 29th april but i knew my baby had died at 6 weeks but i didnt believe i came home with various options as nothing could be done as bh weekend??had to have erpc the following thursday??? image its awful and leaves you empty but i have found comfort in these different threads and blogs--just reading different scenarios made me feel not so alone xxxx best wishesxx
  • Options
    sorry lucy forgot to say there should be an early pregnancy unit at a local hospital-some are walk in other your gp has to refer you,,,but if you go to casualty around 9 in morniung they sometimes send you straight to the unit were you may get a scan xx
  • Options
    im booked in for another scan on the 1st june but that was before the bleeding got worse i keep thinking i will go but dont want to be thinking there is a chance when there prob isnt i feel i should just get on with it and accept it but i cant help wondering what if
  • Options
    So sorry to hear this hun. I don't know if it will help at all but I've been through exactly the same thing - and I'm also booked in for another scan on 1 June. Although I now don't expect to hear anything apart from that everything has "cleared out".

To make matters worse I got my 12 week scan date through today - gutted - I wish I hadn't opened it !!!

Hope that you get some comfort from reading some of the posts on here xx
  • Options
    im sorry to hear that! i know what you mean about the post though my maternity pack from work came through the day after! it sucks! hope your scan goes ok image