Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Mummy to a third angel....

Hello ladies,

Sorry I haven't posted much but I have been keeping an eye out on you all. Things have just been a little up and down. I found a BFP at the beginning of June when waiting for my AF to return post m/c in May and so hadn't said anything as it was all very confusing about dates etc.

Anyhow, saw a heart beat on Tuesday last week and went back today for a scan as I felt off and it seems this little one hasn't made it either and is sleeping. I am absolutely gutted; three pregnancies in a year and all three have not made it.

To make matters worse, I discovered last week at the recurrent mc clinic that I have a thyroid problem and started medicaiton straight away as it can cause recurrent mcs. Well its seems thats right.

I am feeling somewhat low after losing another little one - heaven must be getting full up there. I am now wiating for nature to take its course....hopefully I can get away without an erpc.

Love appl :cry: e x

Replies

• I don't really know what to say Apple- except life is so unfair sometimes (not to mention heart breaking and impossible). Im so sorry this has happened again- its only happened to me the once (so far) and that was devestating, I can't imagine how you are feeling image

Take Care and all of the luck in the world for the next time

Sarah x
  • aw I'm so sorry to hear your story. I don't know what to say it must be awful xxx At least they have found what could be the cause, so hopefully with the right treatment it will get sorted. Life can be so unfair and to the nicest people. take care and good luck for next time. I know a couple of people who've had more than 1 mc and then going on to have more than 1 child so don't give up hope xxxxxxx
  • Apple sorry to hear that your going through this for a third time honey! x hugs x
  • Thank you ladies for your kind words. Its good to be able to share with people and to have them understand how you feel.

The only downer is time has ticked away for me since I first started ttc two years ago...so at 42 am facing an uphill battle in any case.

Maybe the thyroxine will help......but its weird how the last two died at exactly the same point....to the same mm measurement on scan.

Does anyone know anyone else who has a thyroid problem and went on to ahve success I wonder?

Apple x :cry:
  • i'm so sorry - i don't know what to say but we are all thinking of you x
  • Apple, I'm so sorry your having to go through this again. As others have said I really don't know how life can be so cruel.

Thinking of you, much love,

xxx
  • Oh hon, am so sorry to hear your news. To have two mcs so close together is just heartbreaking.

Let's hope that the treatment for the thyroid will help you with a successful next pregnancy.

Sending huge hugs and keeping fingers crossed for you xxx
  • Oh Apple so sorry to see you in here again. I remember you from before. I don't know if you remember me but at 38 I just had my beautiful little girl after trying so hard for so long and after 3 mc's in a row too - she is my first and will be my last I am sure after all the heartbreak. I am so glad though that that have found a reason for you and that now you are on the right medication your chances of carry to term will be increased, I didn't have a thyroid problem but I had numerous antibody issues that they found after investigating, associated with mixed connective tissue disease, lupus and Sojogrens, I was put on meds and as a result managed to carry to term and delivered her just over 4 weeks ago - basically I want you to know there is hope and not to give up and please don't let your age be a concern for you, I know I'm not 42 but the doctors kept telling me the whole time not to let my age worry me as I was getting PG they just had to figure out how to make it 'sticky', and they did! I just wanted to give you hope and I'll watch out for your updates now you are on the right track hunny.

Take care of yourself and don't beat yourself up, I went through that and I know now it wasn't my fault at all, the world works in mysterious ways and I hope my 3 angels welcomed yours with open arms, unfortunately there are too many of our precious ones up there, but I now have one on earth and I believe you will too soon.

BoB.x
  • Hi Apple, i'm so sorry to read this and I know there's nothing anyone can say to make it even a little better. I had 3 within a year too so I know a little of how you feel, although I didn't get to see a heartbeat with any of my angels so I can only imagine how hard that must be for you. It's no comfort yet, but if they know now you have a thyroid problem then hopefully they can give you a lot more help with your next pregnancy and will carry to full term. Look after yourself, I hope you feel ok soon xx
  • I'm so sorry Apple, what you're going through must be truly horrendous and so so unfair.

I'm sure in time you'll feel stronger, I hope you are able to take hope from the investigations-its good news that they have found a reason, as BoB said try not to worry about age as the issue isn't about actually getting pregnant. So hope that you get your sticky bean soon.

Sorry again

• I'm so sorry apple, life is just so unfair. Our thoughts are with you in this awful time. Do keep hope as the others have said.

Xx
  • so sorry apple xxx

i do have a friend who has 2 sons then went on to have thyroid problems even had an op? and is on thyroxine now....her sons are13 and 9..she had 2 miscarriages within the year and is now happily 16 weeks pregnant and all is good and she is 41.she was advised after last mc to takje 75mg asprin until she is 34 weeks by consultant at hosp

best wishes and lots of luck xxxxx
  • Hi pet....im devastated for you. I just dont know what to say to you. Im sending you a huge cuddle and all my love.

Life is just too cruel sometimes.

You are in my thoughts....Tracy xxx
  • I am so sorry to hear your sad new. It is really is devastating especially as you did see the heartbeat to start with and probably thought optimistic about this pg. Please look after yourself, and get support from hubby and whoever else is close to you. It will take time to recover from the ordeal, but hopefully you will find comfort in that your thyriod problem has been identified and you can medication for it.

Big big hug. I do really feel for you, as I went through the same thing.

susan
  • Ladies,

Thank you all so much for your support - Tracy is right we are our own little family here. I feel privileged to be able to talk to you girls on here.

I think I may have now passed most of what I needed to after a very bad night last night in teh bathroom although am waiting for the epu to call me back to discuss perhaps a scan early next week to check it out.

I do have something cofusing to report though about the recurrent mc tests. I rather cheekily asked for copies of all my results - and in the post today arrived a bunch of them.

What was bizarre was there is nothing there about my thyroid at all (???) but there is a result saying I have activated c protein resistance recommending a test for factor v leiden (which apparently can cause clotting issues and therefore repeated losses). If this was missed (as the doctor flew through the results that day I was seen) I will be so angry - furthermore this test was taken when I was about 4 weeks pregnant....so now I am left wondering whether something could have been done like heparin or something. I feel absolutely gutted. I have started to make a list for the next mc clinic appt on the 28th - let me tell you he won't get me out until I have all the answers.

I am so confused....

Apple x