Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

MMC - advice on time?

Hi ladies,

sadly we found out at our 12 week scan that our bean had stopped growing at 8 weeks. I booked in for an EPRC this afternoon but then started to bleed naturally last night so I've phoned the hospital and cancelled it this morning.

the bleeding is fairly light at the moment, like a period, only changing pads every 4 hours or so. Any advice on how long I can expect to bleed? Does it get really bad? I know it probably varies, but just wondering what to expect really, a bit scared.

xxx

Replies

• Hiya, first off i'm so sorry your going through this, life really is cruel sometimes.

After my mmc in may we decided to have the ERPC so i can't really offer you any advice on what to expect with the bleeding etc but didn't want to read and run.

I hope you've got lots of support round you and take care of yourself.

xxx
  • Hiya, I was also DIJ and same as you at 12 week scan baby stopped growning at 8 weeks (just after my 8 week private scan when h/b was seen!!). I started brown bleeding last Sunday and m/c last night so took a week for me. I would hold on if I were you. I know its horrid waiting but dont think you will have ages to wait. Ive had one MMC, my son, then natural mc and now another mmc. Ive had medical management, ERPC and natural and natural was better (althought this one hurts quite a bit but thinking this is because i got pregnant straight after my last mc in April). If you have started bleeding it should happen soon. Take care xx
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, it's such a horrible time, I had a MC at 10 weeks. I bled lightly for a week and then it got really heavy and then the day I actually miscarried I couldn't get off the toilet it was so heavy. I then had to spend the day in hospital. I didn't actually have much pain and just needed painkillers once.

xx