Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Miscarriage/ERPC/When will it be over?

Ive recently had my first miscarriage and I am very confused about it all. I should have been 9 weeks along when I started having some spotting then bleeding just over 4 weeks ago. It started on a Friday night and I was then booked in for a scan on the following Monday. The scan showed that my baby had stopped growing a few weeks before and I was sent home to let nature take its course. Two weeks later a second scan showed nothing had happened, even though I had light bleeding almost constantly. I was booked in for an ERPC which I had on July 1st. After that I bled really heavily that day but then it practically tailed off to nothing after a few days. Its not quite been two weeks since my ERPC but Ive started to bleed heavily again, like a heavy period with bad cramping and its really upsetting me. I don't know if this is normal or not and I don't know what to do. I feel like Ive been bleeding now for longer than I actually knew I was pregnant. Its making it so hard to even think about moving on. Im so devastated and every bit of bleeding is like a constant reminder that I failed...even though I know it was completely out of my hands. Any advice whatsoever would help, please.

Replies

• Hi, sorry for your loss. Ive not had an ERPC before but I've had 3 experiences of MC! My second miscarriage was natural. I bled for a week then about 5 days later I started again which lasted about a week. Im assuming there was still something left and the whole process started again. I would let it run its course and (unless you get heavy bleeding or bad pains). Im guessing it may stop after a week. If not I would get some medical advice. Hope youre ok x
  • Hiya, I know how scared you must be at the moment, it's a horrible situation to be in. I've mc'd 3 times and the first 2 times I had an erpc. The first time I bled for quite a few weeks, about 3 and a half I think (it's all a bit of a blur now) and the second I think about 2 weeks. It's quite normal to bleed for a while, as horrible as it is. It sounds like you were quite far along so that may be why you're still bleeding, thats what I thought with my first. If it's still very heavy and painful maybe go to your docs for a quick check up?

Don't think you've failed, it gets to be like mental torture if you let yourself think like that, and I know how hard it is. I've had to force myself to believe that. Like you said there was nothing you could do, and I won't quote stats because that doesn't help, many pregnancies end in mc which is just awful. I hope you've got plenty of support around you, you need it, let people help you. The ttc after mc is quite busy and the ladies on there are brilliant, that forum has been a godsend for me over the last 15 months. I hope you feel better soon xx
  • hi sory to hear your havin a bad time xx

i also mc when i was 10weeks baby stopped at 6weeks...i started bleeding ,thenpain couldnt get a scan???that started 24th april had erpc on 5th may but no bleeding ,i had 2day bleed 28th may (and it does remind u)but ....i am currently 6weeks pregnant,so dont lose heart...contact your epu about bleeding they may rescan you to make sure all is ok and hat the erpc was completly succesful xx best of luck
  • i am so sorry for your loss - i had an erpc and it sounded very similar to yours with heavy bleeding to start then restarting bleeding. Its most likely to be a period i guess and as it is the first one sicne the erpc it might be why it is heavier. Just look out for signs of infection, thats what mine was so keep an eye.

Take time to greive for your lo and sediong you heaps of love x x x