Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Any positive reinforcement out there? MMC at 10 wks

Im so super bummed, just got done with a D&C while 10 wks along. Was just going in for a reg 4wk ultrasound and discovered no heartbeat,while at my 6wk ultrasound it was such a strong heartbeat. It was like a slap in the face i was caught so off guard at times its still hard to swallow...anyways i go back in 2wks to see some test results but i want to get back to where i was again, i miss looking forward to a new beginning and a new life i was so happy...ugg soo frustrating. Ive been reading a lot of your posts and it seems so many of you guys got pregnant with weeks to months after having a MC or MMC. Sooo its true? Should i stay on my prenatals? It pains me to even look at the bottle... any advice?!?!

Replies

• Hi,

I replied to your post in 'introduce yourself'..

I had a mmc which was only discovered at 12 wk scan.

Yeah its true, you often do get pregnant again quickly afer mc, because of the levels of different hormones. Though you might want to wait a while to let your emotions recover. I discovered mmc in nov last year, and planned to wait until this aug or sept to get pg again, but had a happy accident and conceived in april. But my head is pretty messed up, cant enjoy this pg to the max coz i just keep thinking somethings wrong, and constantly worrying.

Whatever you do or decide, good luck!

Alice x

18+5
  • Sorry to hear about you mmc. I had an mc, earlier than yours though, and waited 6 months to ttc again. I conceived on the edd of my lost bean, so quite a long time to get emotionally prepared. BUT I don't think it matters. I didn't tel even family (apart from parents) about the pregnancy until after the 20 week anomaly scan! Everything made me nervous. When you've gone through an mc you will worry during your next pregnancy, whenever that is.
  • Yeah I suppose thats true, reneeisgrowingabump, you will always worry. The innocence has sort of been lost hasnt it.. I mean obv i had worries with my first pg (before mmc) but not like now.

Alice 18+5
  • Thanks ladies, ive been reading a lot of posts out there and its amazing how many women have gone through the same thing, so sad though i just cant wrap my brain around it. I just cant wait to love on my husband again, its been awhile had to proceed with caution since i was spotting a lot while i was pregnant and now another 2 weeks for the D&C...just want to resume life and see where it goes and now after reading your replies i know theres hope.
  • Hiya,

I also had a mc at 10 weeks in april last year. We decided to carry on ttc straight away (and my midwife even encouraged this!) Luckily I caught the next month and she was born on the exact date that i had conceived the lo I lost. Losing a much wanted baby is so hard, but getting pregnant straight away took my mind off things a bit and helped us look towards the future and the new life inside me.

You have to do what's right for you though image x x x