Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Some sort of memorial?

After an mmc I had an ERPC yesterday and am now left thinking that there is now nothing at all to show that our babies every existed, and that makes us really sad.

We've been talking about doing something, it's not as if we'll ever forget what happened, I think we just need something tangible that we can see / touch. Does that make sense?

I've suggested a paid of patio roses for the garden, or maybe a picture. Dunno. Has anyone else done this, and if so any suggestions?

Replies

• Options
    Hello bellydancingbump,

I have had 3 mcs in the last year (am now 42) and decided I really wanted to do something for my lost little angels. I have a memory box in which I have put my scan photos and a small teddy and some love heart stones that I bought. Every now and then I open the box and have a little cry over what might have been but I try to remind myself that all my angels will be getting looked after by their gran.

In the garden, I decided to mark each lost little bean with an ornament of some sort - so I have a silver metal angel, a silver garden ball and some silver wind chimes all in one little section of the garden that is now my little lost angel section. I marked the new year by letting go a chinese lantern up to my angel (I had only lost one then) and will do that again this year.

Go with what you feel is right for you - flowers / plants are always good too.

Apple x