Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

i need help!

im 20 years old and i have two miscarriages in 10 months i lost both babies at 8-9 weeks. the first miscarriage i went to the early pregnancy clinic because i started spotted n i was told i was going to miscarry as the baby wasnt there i lost the baby naturaly, and on my second pregnancy i got to 12 weeks and i started spotting again i went to the early pregnancy clinic and again but this time my baby was still there but didnt have a heartbeat and had been dead for 3-4 weeks so i had the operation 3 weeks ago now i cant get out of my head that its my fault so i went for a thyroid test and i got the result today that it was clear. can anyone help me on my next step ofseeing what else could be wrong please. thanks xx

Replies

• Hi Sami

Sorry to find you in this forum. I have had an ectopic and 5 miscarriages, so know how you must be feeling. I would ask your GP for a full blood count and to check your NK cells, I have had this blood test and I have high NK cells which attack the fetus, as it sees it as a foreign object and kills it off.

Hope this helps

Sarah

xx
  • Sorry you are here hun, i also have had 2 mcs, one ectopic at 11 wks.

I had full bloods in jan this year and was told i had pcos (seen on scan too) and underactive thyroid. Those with pcos apparently have a higher risk of mc.

Maybe ask for full bloods at your doctors and start from there.

Wish you all the luck in the future xx
  • Hi Sammi, sorry about your losses, please don't think it's your fault. If it's one thing we all know is that there's nothing that will stop a mc happening if there is something wrong, i've had 3 mc's, and blamed myself for every single one but looks like it was just unlucky for me (which I dispute but thats another story!). Have you asked your dr for bloods to be taken and checked? Unfortunately most won't run tests until you have had 3 which is horrible as going through 1 mc is bad enough.

I hope you get the answers you need xx