Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Unfortunately not third time lucky

Hi ladies,

I hope you dont mind me joining. Firstly i am so sorry for all your losses and thank you LisaDuk for setting up the forum.

My story is myself and my husband started ttc Sept 2010 and were delighted to find out two weeks before Christmas that i was pg, unfortunately i started to bleed 23rd Dec and as you can imagine had a horrendous Christmas and New Year with what i was told was a miscarriage, we found out 4th Jan it was actually an ectopic (tubal) and had to have methotrexate. We had to wait three months to try again due to the injection but i probably needed that time looking back, we decided anyway to wait 5 months and fell pregnant again in August. Unfortunately this pregnancy ended at 5 weeks.

I found out again i was pg two weeks ago but tried to put it out of my mind and not get excited like the last two. Then on Thursday i started to bleed brown blood (not spotting), so it looks like this little one is not going to survive either. I have been to docs for blood test to chek hg levels and have to go back Wednesday. The odd thing that is happening is my boobs are getting more painful, but before the bleeding i felt nothing, i am putting it down to the boobs changing during loss?

I feel like there isnt a lot of willingness to offer tests to see what is going on, hospital told me i cant be referred to mc unit until three miscarriages and that the ectopic wont be counted as a loss....?!?!?!?!?! Really? Also my doc sent me to hospital for second mc without an appointment and the receptionist went mental at me, i couldnt believe it, she had read my letter and knew why i was there but proceeded to tell me off...

I have read your posts and i am sorry for you all, i feel better just writing it down as i dont want to tell people about it happening again.

Thank you for listening and for your support.

Kel x x x

Replies

• Hiya, I'm so sorry for your losses, it really is rubbish. I would get yourself booked in at your docs and ask for RMC tests. I would get a sympathetic doctor who realises that 3 lost babies is enough and that you want to be tested. In the very least they should do your bloods. Not sure how old you are but if you are a bit older then they should consider this too. Not sure if you can afford, but go private it they say no! xx
  • Thanks for taking time to reply, I'm 33. I went to docs and she has written to hospital gynaecologist to arrange an appointment for me so hopefully I will find out if anything wrong.

Definitely going private if no joy, don't think I can take anymore.

Thanx for listening x
  • so sorry to hear of your losses. I think you have done the right thing about your doc writing to the hospital as it is only consultants who can refer patients to recurrent miscarriage clinics. I would really push for it because they can do so many tests to check why you mc.

Every pregnancy loss is counted as a miscarriage regardless whether it is etopic or now.
  • They don't count your ectopic?!! That's insane, what is up with these health 'professionals', I have such little faith in the NHS it's untrue. I'm so sorry for your losses, it's a truly horrible position to find yourself in. I hope you find someone with a little compassion and get the tests you need, I had to beg for mine, then they refused to give me the results and my doctor thinks it's because they either didn't actually test my blood they had taken or there was nothing to report. Either way my treatment from the hospital was atrocious and i'm pretty nervous as i'm newly pregnant again and will have to go back to the same consultant that i've previously kicked off about...

Anyway, look after yourself, don't take no for an answer and I hope you get the tests you need xx