Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What to expect ? scared about my silent miscarriage

two weeks ago I had 12 week scan but sadly my bean was only measuring 8 weeks with no heart beat.

I had second scan to confirm for peace of mind last tuesday but because I am on steroids for my asthma I can't have the medical management . I don't want an operation so nwo I have to wait until the first week for december for treatment.

I ve had lots of crying but now I am trying to get on and keep buys but it's so scary not knowing if I could have natural miscarriage.

I ve been told that I will bleed have lots of pain and pass maybe some live type clots.

I ve decided to go back t work next week but worried it could happen theer . i teach so wouldn't want to freak kids out screaming in pain but it might not happen until I have the treatment which forces it out . So in limbo , it's horrible

Without scarying me further can anyone advise wthe signs of miscarrying so I will know when it's going to come? I even bought raspberry tea tablets to help . I would rather have natural miscarriage but i am worried about how the pregnancy sac comes out ? How does it feel ? so scared but just want this whole experience to be over now so I can finally try to pick myself up and move on. My husband is great but he already talking of trying again . I am just not even thinking about it i am still so sad this has happened .

any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• Hey hun sorry youve had no replies to this. If you still want some help then message me. xx
  • Hi there. So sorry to hear what you are going through. I can share my experience but I found out at 8 weeks that the baby hadn't really developed past 5 weeks. I had a complete natural miscarriage which started off with some spotting, some back pain, and then some pains that came in waves but very minor. A couple of days later (after I had an internal scan which confirmed no viable pregnancy) things got a bit more painful, which I guess was a bit like labour (I had a c section first time) - kept feeling a need to sit on the loo and strain - sorry for the information. Bleeding wasn't too bad - only when on the loo but contained on pads otherwise. Then, after the pains had died down, might have been the next day, I felt this huge urge to go to the loo and that's when I passed something which I assume was the sac. That wasn't painful at all and it was kind of a relief. I had another friend who had a complete natural miscarriage at a similar stage and had no pain at all. I guess being a bit further along, the main difference would be the size of the sac. I think it was quite unusual for me to have pain at my stage (the hospital certainly didn't warn me or give me any advice about managing it) and it was painful, but not screaming out in pain and it wasn't sudden, so I think you would know it was coming. I hope this helps and this doesn't upset you.

Take care. Hope all works out ok.
  • i couldn't find this earlier ( been using my parents internet as ours is not connected up yet ) It is all over . I started spotting on saturday . the next fews days bleeding got bit more and had little bits in it and sticky texture. then on wednesday evening pain got bit worse . Thusrday when I woke up at 4 am and couldn't get back to sleep as the pain was lot worse ( but not as bad as I imagined though I did have hot water bottle all day and had to take paracetamol, which i hardly ever do. the bleeding was heavier went through 14 pads that day and two pairs of pyjamas. later in day felt need for toilet and passed large clot whixh I thought was maybe it. The pain was still bad when I went to bed thusrday evening. Then friday i woke up and it's awful as it happened so quickly I couldn't tell if had happened over night or happened through me as I rushed to the toilet but something actually rolled down my leg out from my pyjama bottoms . I was very distressed my hsuband had gone to work and looked down to see what i then found out was the sac it was quite soild not like the clot that had dried up and was mostly blood.

i was so shaken as I picked it up I just burst out crying it was awful i will never forget that. Such traumatic experince but I had a scan booked as i was suppose to go in for medial management that weekend . The scan on friday showed it was all gone and today I seemed to have stopped bleeding . So guess it lasted 10 days.

Sorry for details but if someone is going through this know I wanted to know what to expect . i guess it's different for everyone. I was so surprised at how big the sac was it was awful passing it and horrible having to take it hoispital and show them . Had to let my husband deal with it as I couldn't. I know I would have tries to look closer and that would have upset me more. i will never forget that image as it is .

I feel for anyone in same position as me . It was the worst day of my life.

i was so happy to finally be pregnant and all I keep thjinking now was I should have been telling family and friends and being blooming this xmas. It is cruel .

hugs to all of you xx
  • so sorry to hear what you have gone through - sounds horrible. i guess being that bit further along makes a big difference and every case is different anyway.

all i can say is look after you and your hubby and take it easy.

i am sure it will happen for you in the future - i felt hopeless after my miscarriage but am now 24 weeks pregnant and keeping everything crossed that things continue to go smoothly.

also, well done for being so brave and writing about your experience as i am sure it will help someone else.

much love to you.