Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

2nd missed miscarriage

I had a miscarriage 3 yrs ago, started brown spotting at 8 weeks, went for a scan & there was only a sac measuring 5 wks. I hadn't miscarried naturally so had the tablets but they didn't work so I had to have a d&c.I had just split up with my ex the week before I had my bfp so I think the stress of that had a lot to do with it.

I am now happily married & had been ttc for 5 months.At 8 weeks I started spotting again so expected the worst but this time the scan showed our baby & the heart beating away. We couldn't beleive it & were so happy. 11 days later I was still spotting (brown not red) & had a small clot so went back for another scan. The scan showed that the heartbeat had stopped & my baby had died.

I have been sent home for the weekend to see if aything happens naturally but I don't think it will. Looks like I will be back in hospital next week for the tablets again but hopefully this time not the d&c.

So devasted that this has happened again. Both times I have had no red blood & no cramping just dark brown spotting. The only difference this time is I got a heartbeat.

Luckily I have been referred to recurrent miscarriage clinic as both have been missed & are very similar. I am hoping that they find some answers & that they can fix whatever it is & that it's not just bad luck. Don't think I could go through a third.

Has anyone else had similar??

Replies

• Didn't want to r&r. Sorry you've had this I can't imagine how heartbroken you must be feeling at the moment, I've not suffered missed mc but have had 2 so far and so nervous at the moment. I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better honey. Take care and make sure you take the time to get yourself right. X
  • Thanks Abi. Just can't believe its happened again in almost exactly the same way & can't help thinking there's something wrong with me as both pregnancies have been with different partners.

I know that I will go through so many emotions & I'm just concentrating on 1 day at a time at the moment.

I'm moving house next week so I can throw myself into that to keep ny mind off it.

Really hope all goes well for u hun & thanks so much for your reply. X x X
  • Hiya, I've replied in your other post. I've had 3 mc and 2 were mmc, my last one same as you, heartbeat at 8 weeks and then it stopped more or less straight after. Ive had the tests and all they have found is borderline results for thyroid/progesterone/blood clotting so im on mediation and can hopefully try again early next year!! Hope you get your appointment soon cos the waiting is horrid!! Take care xx
  • Hi Lisa, Just read your other reply. So sorry to hear you have been through the same but it is encouraging to know that they found something & are doing something about it.

Fingers crossed we will meet again early next year & both have happy & healthy pregnancies. xx
  • Hi

I had 2 mmcs in 2010 one at 13 weeks and one at 8 weeks. I actually fell pg 11 days after the second mmc and my son is now 7 months old. They never discovered what caused the mmcs and I was almost ready to give up hoping. I wish you all the best!
  • Hiya, i've had 3 mmc's and for me it really was the worst way to find out, we found out each time at our scans and going in hoping for the best and coming out with the worst is just horrendous. The 2nd and 3rd were exactly the same which made me think there was definately something wrong with me. I had tests for recurrent mc and nothing at all was found and I was told it was 'just bad luck', which although everyone said was a good thing I would rather have had a reason for losing my babies. I also had a 9cm cyst on my ovary so I had surgery to remove it back in April.

I am now 11 weeks pg and had my dating scan a few days ago and we have a lovely baby with a heartbeat and although I still have no reason for my mc's I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I really hope you get some peace of mind from your tests, but sometimes they just don't find a reason. Good luck with it all xx
  • hi i know excactly what ur going through its awful i wish u all the luck in world fingers crossed you get ur lil baby soon hun i know the grief & confussion as I am in the process of waiting for my 2nd mmc to happen ,I have had 3 mc in total 1st was normal as such with bleedin ect. but the 2nd i started spottin i should hav bn 8wks went for scan & baby measured 2mm/6weeks but had a heartbeat i went bck for 12wk scan just thinking my dates were wrong but to be told my baby had died no heartbeat almost 4-5 wks earlier & had only grown to 7.1mm image i had to go in after 1 wk for the tablets its was devestating, then almost 1nhalf yrs later great news i was pregnant but had cramps so went for early scan bt 7wks but agn baby was 2mm/5wks4days & i knew i could have ovulated later as my cycles are very long but we had a heartbeat again so i asked the mw & sonographer did they think measurements were ok & was pregnancy viable & i was reassured 2mm is ok its just above the lower percentile of the growth chart and as i have a daughter 7yrs old she was very small all the way through and born small too so they didnt see any problems but i started bleeding last sunday heavy with clots after sex with hubby n asumed id started to mc & i had most defo lost baby, went for scan nxt day but to my shock my cervix was shut tight, pregnancy sac intact baby was there looked perfect & had grown to 8.1wks but no heartbeat image it had died 4days earlier but grew to 10mm bless him/her i'm waiting agn as bleeding has stopped & no sign of mc naturally so probs going for tablet,its killing me why is this happening i have a healthy daughter who's 7yrsold im only 28 hubbys 27 no problems healthwise but just cant get my head round it has anyone had a normal pregnancy after 2 missed mc's ????I need to find out why as cant take another mc image
  • Hello, I went for my 12 week scan today to find out I had had a missed miscarriage. im absolutely gutted as still had all the symptoms of pregnancy and had had no pain or bleeding. its such a shock. I was just looking up on missed miscarriages and came across your posts. Did anyone have the operation? If nothing has happened naturally in 2 weeks I ave to go in for the operation. im dreading it. Im sorry to read about your experiences as well xx
  • hello all - this is a late reply, i had a missed misscarriage in feb - no sign of probs till 10.5 wks and symptoms low had slight brown bleed then nothing then heavier bleed 3 days later went to epc to find out baby stopped growing at 7wks 5days waited to miscarry naturally over 3 weeks had 3 major bleeds and still had to have erpc (which was fine) =just found out today that at 11wks 3days (12 week scan) that little one didnt make it past 5weeks and no heartbeat - my body gave me small warning of slight browny discharge yesterday morning so was expecting the worse today and had it confirmed....hugs to all of you who know this pain - want to try one more time but unsure i could continue if happened again - i have a beautiful 18month old and two older children...