Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

should i be hopeful?

Hi ladies news, i haven't posted in here before but was hoping for some advice. i had an early miscarriage over 2 years ago. luckily i caught on straight after my miscarriage and i now have a healthy 18 month old boy. during my pregnancy i had 3 small bleeds/spotting. I got a positive test last weekend. it came as a suprise as id started spotting a week before the bfp. i then started bleeding on Wednesday. it was red with a few very small clots. after the initial bleed i seemed to stop and over the next day it got lighter and just old blood. i did not have any cramping. since then i have just had a small amount if spotting, thick brown, sticky stuff (sorry if tmi). U went to the drs and felt i was properly miscarriage. have to do a test on Wednesday. if positive will be referred for a scan. I suppose my question is do you think this us another miscarriage? My previous miscarriage was very different, very heavy and alot if cramping. anyone's thoughts or experiences would be appreciated x

Replies

• hi hon. sorry to hear what you are going through. i think its just impossible to tell but i do hope its good news. my miscarriage was very obvious cramps and lots of bleeding. i also had lots of bleeding in my first pregnancy but then went on to have a healthy baby who is now a nearly 2 1/2 year old girl. a friend of mine had 2 mcs and neither with much pain or bleeding. its really hard to tell but i have everything crossed for you.

xx