Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Having my erpc on Monday

Im feeling slightly nervous about the risks but appreciate that thankfully the risk of anything going wrong is small. I've come to accept what has happened & want to be able to move on and ttc again. If anyone on here has had this procedure, can you tell me how soon you started ttc again please and if you got pg since how soon you fell pg again? Thank you

Replies

• Hi pitter patter,

So sorry for your loss and that you have found your way to our family here but hopefully your stay will be short.

I had an erpc on 27th January and plan to ttc as soon as I stop bleeding (unfortunately my case is not that straight forward and have had a few complications). With my other mcs (which were natural) we started ttc as soon as we felt ready and on one occasion fell pg straight away without a period after the mc (sadly I lost this bean too). Everyone seems different but I would say as long as you both feel physically and emotionally ready, then there should be no reason not to try. The doctors will often say wait a cycle - but that is more to do with dating purposes.

Good luck for Monday and let us know how you are.

Apple x
  • Hi pitterpatter. I had an erpc in late November. The bleeding lasted a few days and I was sore for a week or so. I fell pg straight away with no af and got a bfp at Christmas. I then had another mc in Jan, but have just got another bfp, again with no af.

I hope your erpc goes ok.
  • hope it all goes okay.

I haven't had a erpc as such, but the only reason why they suggest waiting one af is for dating purposes. No reason why you can start right away after the bleeding stops.
  • Thanks for your replies. I am getting worried because I am nearly 32 and worried that I am running out of time. Just never thought thus would actually happen. I'm scared I will never be able to have a baby and u have left it too late
  • Hi,

I had the ERPC in December 2009 and gave birth to my youngest in November 2010, so I fell pg again almost straight away. Because the ERPC 'cleans' you out it's supposed to be better to get pg after one because your womb is all 'fresh' and 'clean', iyswim? You are very fertile after a mc, so if you were to ttc straight away there is a chance you may get caught because fertility is a lot higher.

I hope you are feeling as ok as possible and that you get your much wanted bfp and sticky bean soon.

Sam

xxx
  • Hi pitter patter,

How are you feeling? Did everything go ok for you on Monday (well as ok as it can)?

Please don't fret re your age....you still do have time.

Love apple x