Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Missed miscarriage

Hello ladies,

I have just found out I have had a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks image

Baby stopped developing at 6 weeks.

I know I will be offered different options and I was wondering if anyone else has been through this and what did you choose?

I would like it to be over as soon as possible but I am scared of the d and c option.

Xxx

Replies

• Hello Mrs cake. I am sorry for your loss. Mc is never easy and everyone's decision is truelly individual to them. I chose an d and c . I wanted it to be over and couldn't bear the thought of waiting for it to happen naturally and be convincing myself there was still hope. The d and c was fine, a little scary and emotional. You could choose medical management if ur worried abt an op.

My advice would be give yourself a day or so to decide and read thee literature the hospital gives you. Talk it through with oh and see how he feels.

For me the d and c was the right option. My periods returned reasonably quickly after. I am still ttc though so not as fertile as some women after mc.

I hope you are ok . It was one of the most difficult times in my life. But with the help of dh we survived. My heart goes out to you. Good luck x
  • I am so sorry for your loss, I have had 3 mmc's

For 2 ( 1st and 3rd) of them I choose the medical

management and personally found this opinion didn't work

Very well for me. Both times I had left over tissue and had to

Wait for it to pass naturally. Waiting to have the d&c was horrible

But I healed from the op very quick. But everyone is different and

I know people who had no problems at all with the medical management.

You need to take a few days to think about your options and what is best

For you.

Please do not give up hope, I loss 2 little beans b4 I had 2 gorgeous little girls

And have had 2 more misscarraiges last year. It will happen for us and when it

Does it will be even more extra special x
  • Aw mrs cake Im sorry to hear that you've had a mmc. I had the same experience in June 2010. I was 11 weeks but baby had stopped developing at 6 weeks. Everyone will be different but i decided to let it happen naturally and it did a week later. It was like a really heavy painful period and lasted a few hours throughtout the night. I then went for a scan a few days later to check everything had come away, which luckily it had. I was on verge of asking for a d an c as didn't want to wait ages. Its a hard decision but juct give yourself a few days to think and make your decision.

My thoughts are with you and Im sending you love and luck xxx

PS im now 21 weeks pregnant, so don't give up hope that you won't have another chance as it will happen for you xxxxx
  • Thank you ladies for sharing your stories.

I am booked in for a medically controlled miscarriage at the weekend as that was the right choice for me.

Thank you again

Xx
  • I am so sorry to hear this Mrs Cake, and I hope that the weeks goes quickly for you and you can start to heal after the weekend.x
  • I am so sorry Mrs Cake, I also suffered a miscarriage almost 4 weeks ago now. Baby died at almost 8 weeks, just days after my scan. I found out after spotting at 11 weeks. I was devastated. I was booked in the next day for an ERPC but mostly lost at home the same night. It was very traumatic. Can imagine your pain. I am already ttc and am unsure when to expect my period. But im sure you have made the right decision. *Hugs* x