Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help What to expect

Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me posting. We went for a scan last wednesday and found out my precious bean's heart wasn't beating. I was supposed to be 9 weeks and the bean was also measuring 9 weeks so it must have just happened image

I have booked an erpc for Monday morning (as this was the best option - my oh is in the army and goes away at the end of the week and I have a nearly 2 year old) but have just started to have brown discharge and am wondering if this means I might miscarry straight away or if I will still be okay to have the op on Monday.

I guess there is no definate answer but I thought someone might be able to help. So sorry that any of you have had to go through this, it has hit me a lot harder than I ever could have imagined,

Rachel xx

Replies

• So sorry to hear your news miniday. I had a miscarriage in Aug which started with 1 day of brown discharge before changing to a red colour. The whole thing took about 3 days in total.

Sending you big hugs, I'm glad your oh is around at the moment to support you. X
  • Hi, sorry to hear your sad news. I had an erpc last year but had brown discharge which developed into bleeding for several days leading up to it. On the day of my op they scanned me and baby was still there. I think I was starting to mc naturally, but I suppose everyone will be different.

Hope all goes well.
  • Hello miniday

Am so sorry for your loss - its such heart break. I hope you are alright and have enough support around you.

I have had four mcs now, all of them have been different. With the last one I had almost a week of brown loss and nothing more (whereas the others went on to full bleed) and went in for the erpc. If you have started to bleed, they may rescan to check you before the erpc. Take care of yourself and let us know how you are when you get out.

Love Apple x
  • Thanks so much for replying, the bleeding hasn't amounted to much so going ahead with the erpc tomorrow. I am so ridiculously nervous but just hoping everything goes okay.

Thanks for your support, I will let you know how I get on xx
  • How did it go? x

• Hiya, thanks for asking Emily... it was absolutely fine,  They gave me a drug before giving the general anasthetic so was absolutely high as a kite and didn't even realise what they were doing.  Physically I feel fine and have only been bleeding a tiny bit.  Obviously emotionally is a different story and I am going through a whole range of emotions at the moment, but the procedure itself was fine and would def choose it again.

Hope you are okay hon xx

• Miniday

I can completely understand how you feel and infact I think emotionally it is harder for you because you measured 9 weeks whereas my pregnancy finished at 5 so it wouldn't have had a heartbeat, however you still mourn for the loss of the opportunity to have a baby. Just go easy on yourself.

I am so pleased your operation went well, it's unfortuantely so common that it's a pretty simply op for the hospital to do. I think I am getting there emotionally thanks, purely because I had such a traumatic miscarriage with the huge amount of blood that I lost that it's sort of taken over from the loss of a pregnancy. I am just grateful to still have everything working and have some blood left!

If you need to talk just send me an email. Not sure if it helps you but i've made myself a list of what I can do for the nxt 6-8 wks that I wouldn't have been able to do like eat pate, paint our bathroom, go to the spa e.t.c We are also going to treat ourselves to a few news things because we have extra savings now. Obviously I'd rather be pregnant but it does help to remember the little positive things. Also take a look at the bounty website, they are doing a buggyrun in July and I've done it before, if one is near you go to it, it's brilliant! x

• I think pregnancy loss is devastating at any stage image it seems so unfair.  Definately going to enjoy a few glasses of wine and some yummy cheese. image x

• Hi Miniday

Can you tell me with the erpc were you in and out of the hospital in one day? I am really nervous about having it done but think its probably the least traumatic physically and I hope it will make everything happen a bit quicker so we can start to move on. I have an allergy to one type of general anaesthetic which made me stop breathing and paralysed for 4hours when I was a young child although that has been the last operation I have had so I am quite nervous for this one. image It's going to all happen on Tuesday for me but I just want Tuesday to hurry up!

• Hi

I think usually you can be in and out in one day. They told me that it's a very simply operation that unfortuantely they do at least twice a day. It doesn't hurt at all, I was back on the ward within 2 hours. I did feel a bit sick afterwards and you're not allowed to drive for 24 hours.

I hope it goes well for you x

• Hi Mrs Alexander, I have just seen this post, im so sorry - hopefully it all went well for you, fingers crossed and I hope you are okay x