Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

feeling lost after early miscarriage

Hi all,

Am new to all this. Miscarried at 5 weeks last week when abroad. I know it was early but am shell shocked. Want to try again but convinced age is a problem and paranoid about not getting pregnant again. Hard to find comfort in all the stats.

Thanks Kate

Replies

• Options
    Hello Kate,

So sorry you have found your way here, but its a nice family which offers lots of support. No matter what stage you miscarry, its still heart break, so take time to grieve for your loss. You mentioned you are concerned about age - how old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Try not to let stats get you down; they are simply just that and at the end of the day, there are exceptions to what you read. There are examples here of older ladies getting their BFPs and now doing well - so don't be down. I would try not to focus on what you read and instead take time to love yourself and look after yourself.

Keep in touch

Apple x
  • Options

Hi Kate,

I think Apple has given you some very good advice re not reading the stats. There are many examples of older mummys on here which show you it does happen. I am so sorry you have had to go through a mc. At any stage it is still heartbreak.

Practical advice tp concieve would be to look at lifestyle and stress levels and improve and reduce where you can. Get you oh some fertility vitamins ( wellman or something similar) and make sure your taking your folic acid and getting a good nights sleep. Maybe use fertility friend to help pinpoint ovulation and increase your chances or ovulation tests . . Easier said than done but above all try and relax. Good luck x x

• Options

hi kate, so sorry for your loss. i suffered a m/c last week at 6 weeks and its not a pleasant experience i know but you concived once and you can do it again im rounting for you. chin up and wish you well, good luck xxx

• Options

Hi Kate

Just seen this thread and I had exactly the same after 5 weeks on 23 March.  I have felt lost all month and my AF is due tomorrow so feeling really upset again.  my sister announced she was pg last Sunday.  She is due 3 weeks before I would have been and have been knocked for 6 by it! 

Hope you start to feel better soon.