Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

So Confused!

I am so confused - there is a million thoughts running through my head!

I had a health baby boy in Oct 2007 and a health baby girl in Feb 2010.  Then in Oct 2011 I had a MMC - baby's heart stoped beating at 12+wks, with thoughts of it 'just not meant to be' I luckily got pregnant quickly and then in Apr 2012 (6months later) I had another MMC - baby's heart stopped beating at 15+wks.

Don't get me wrong I KNOW HOW LUCKY I AM to have 2 healthy children and I love them with all my heart - but it doesn't take away from the loss and emptiness I feel for my 2 lost angels!

What can have changed inside me from 2010 and now?????

Replies

• Hello angel's 2 - so sorry that you have found your way here and for your sad losses.

I don't have any answers as such although from the experience I have had it would be worth going to see your doctor to ask for a referral given your miscarriages are later rather than ealry ones. It could be down to all sorts of reasons, but I know they are often more concerned about later miscarriages - and that sometimes these can be down to clotting related matters, which might not have previously been an issue for you. I wish you much luck and hope you are bing looked after alright.

Apple x

• Thank you Apple13 for your reply - I do plan to go and see my own GP in the next couple of weeks and see if there are and tests I can get done - even if we have to pay for it - it might put my mind at rest.

I don't know your situation but I guess you've either been there yourself or no someone who has.  

Thanks for the advice! x

• hi angel's2 i'm so sorry for your losses and really hope it will happen for you soon xxx

the annoying thing is that the doctors won't even start doing tests if it hasn't happened 3 times....in under a year i was pregnant 4 times but two were chemical pregnancies so i won't get any help either...and because we already have children they mainly say that it's just bad luck...but i think with your case it's very different as your miscarriages were later on... i would definitely push them for tests asap.

sending lots of hugs xxxxx

• Thank you for your post HopeBeanSticks.  I don't know about you but at this stage we really couldn't put ourselves through it again - certainly not yet anyway! I was pregnant (2 different pregnancies) at both my children's last birthdays so for me I'm going to enjoy what I have and see in the new year.  But I'm defo going to look into tests.

Thanks again and good luck! x