Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Need some advice and help going through my second miscarriage

Hello ,

this is my second miscarriage and i was between 7-8 weeks i started spotting on tuesday and then i had an internal scan wednesday which showed the sac was no longer there , yesterday i passed the sac and the baby ( that looked no older than 3 weeks old ) suspect that it stopped groing  (r.i.p) xx . this pain is nothing to what i experienced before i mean the alst time i miscarried i wasnt this far gone but even tho i passed the sac im in really bad pain and i dont know how long this is alll ment to go on for please somone help me as im in desperate need of advice and support

Replies

• Hello little beans mummy,

Firstly I am so sorry for your loss - mc is the hardest thing a mum has to face no matter how early it is.

I have had four mcs and each of them have been very different - some way more painful than others. One I had was like full on contrations and very painful and the soreness lasted for a couple of days. However in general, I have found that the real pain seems to ease after most of the tissue (sorry xx) has passed so perhaps you still need to pass more. I would suggest that if you are concerned you speak with your local epu / A&E for advice. Have you tried taking some painkillers like paracetamol or nurofen? These are generally quite good when you take them both (just make sure you don't exceed any doses). 

Do take care of yourself and allow yourself time to grieve for your loss. Don't worry about how you 'should' feel as there is no right / wrong. When you are ready come and check out ttc after miscarriage - we are a friendly bunch over there.

Apple xx

• Thank you very much for your support and its much appreciated . I think most of the tissue has passed as today has settled extremly well , i have the odd twing or a few minutes were i get pain but nothing severe for paracetamol , (touch wood ) . so hopefully goingto clear up soonish