Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

After The Miscarriage

Hi , i have had 2 miscarriages one on the 6.9.09 and the second on 3.3.11 i greifed a little bit but as time has progressed it has getting worse and worse i cant help feeling its all my fault what did i do wrong y do i deserve to be punished like this. I cant even be near a pregnant woman or a new babies fullstop i cant even talk to anyone about having anything brought up about  did you hear about so-and-so being pregnant ,i even have thoughts of taking some one elses baby and i have been finding it hard to even talk about it let alone thinking about my babies been taking away from me!! some people say you will get over it few weeks/months but its been over 3years for the first and 1 year for my second and i cant even get over it its destroying me. The father of my first miscarriage now has two beautiful newborns to his girlfriend and i literally got so angry and upset about why isnt that me ,how has she gone ful- term i have seen them from a distance but i cant even begin to think about going near her to congratulate her on her babies. The second miscarriage the father already has a 5 year old daughter and he is still deverstated about it happening and thinks about it everyday we are no longer together. What i am rying to say is should i seek medical advice for my state of mind as i cant find any part of me strong enough to be normal around pregnancy talk and woman?? X

Replies

• Hello, Im sorry to hear how you've been feeling.  you are not alone as lots of ladies on here have been similar to you and it is devastating.  I had a mmc in June 2010 and it took unitl Dec 2011 to fall preganat again and Im now 38 weeks.  I too felt so down for most of the 18 months it took to conceive and I couldn't bear hearing about other womens preganancies.  Maybe you should talk to your doctor if you're feeling reaaly depressed.  there a re lots of ladies on here that have had 2 and 3 mc's and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy so please don't give up hope it will happen for you.  don't forget as you've got pregnant before at least you know you can and everything is in working order.  Mc's do happen and its a cruel horrible thing, but a consultant I saw ( as I have PCOS) told me that most women who've had mc's always go on to have a healthy preganancy its just a matter of timing.  I would have a chat with your doctor and explain how bad you're feeling and in the meantime use this forum as the ladies on here are a great support and you don't feel so alone xx Good luck xxx

• Thank you soo soo much poppy70 , i'm glad i can relate to other woman and know that i'm not alone its been rough couple years and i will be making an appointment to see my GP. I just want to feel normal and i'm happy that one day i will go on to have a normal healthy pregnancy. they do say everything happends for a reason but what i still cant understand is why has my unborn babies been taking away what was the reason. i really cant look at anyones scan pictures its like literally destoyed my life and feelings towards about having babies i use to be erm maybe one day i myt have babies to ii really need to have my own children to love for and care for protect them , but i am soo soo happy you replyed to this i cant thank you enough. Congratulations on you pregnancy and hope you have a great birth Good Luck to you too xxxxx

• hi perez-jane, im really sorry to hear about your losses x i can totally emphasise with the way you are feeling as i had a mmc in may at 13 weeks and Im finding it really hard to congratulate friends on pregnancies and new babies and feel insanely jealous when i see other pregnant women. the way i feel is that it is not going to get better until i fall pregnant again which is a lot of pressure and then i worry that i won't get pregnant again. i am very lucky to have a two year old daughter who is a great comfort but i now don't like her growing up as the more she does the less she is my baby! we are all here for you x