Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Think I need counselling but worried

I had a miscarriage back in February. I struggled to get pregnant before it happened. Ive been obsessed with getting pregnant again ever since and spend hours every night on line trying to find out why i might not been getting pregnant. My brother, who has never liked me basically as good as told me I deserved it in a series of vile text messages he sent me a few weeks ago. I cut all contact from him but today found out that he and his girlfriend are expecting. I can't help but feel bitter and resentful. I can't cope with this anymore. I've been to my GP numerous times because I spot before my period every month. I know something is not right and they won't listen to me. I believe this is why I struggled TC and why I MC'd. I've been depressed ever since. I feel I need counselling but I'm scared that if I do it will go on my medical records and that if I ever did get PG or decide to adopt then it would be picked up on by social services and my baby would be taken away from me/ I would not be allowed to adopt. I'm in my 30's. I feel like time is running out.

Replies

• Options
    I'm sorry I've realised I've posted this on the wrong board
  • Options

I saw councillor after my miscarriage it was best thing I 've done . Though I have seen one in past as I had childhood trauma but they are a great support and will help you with yur grief and depression and family. I was offered breavement services at hopsital when they found out I had silent miscarriage. try ringing your EPU and seeing if they have breavement support and tel them you are not coping. Hope you get to see someone . 

Your brother sounds awful. Try your best to repel anything he says . Family can be the worse people in our lives sometimes 

Good luck 

• Options
    Im so sorry honey. I can really recommend counselling, it should not effect your future at all if you went on to adopt in fact it is a good sign that when you need held you will seek it, and of course at such a terrible time as this you would need it. if you don't want counselling on your medical records please try CRUSE bereavement care the counsellors are trained volunteers and it is a free and confidential service, they have branches is most areas. you could also call the miscarriage association. i know you posted this some time ago, so Im wondering how you are.

I have a mmc in July and it nearly finished me, Im sorry you have had to go through that and the cruelty of other. warm wishes xxx