Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bleeding after miscarriage

Ok I am very confused and I don't know if anyone would be able to answer this for me . On august 28th i started my period it went from bright red to dark color and it stopped on september 3rd .On September 5th I found out I was pregnant by hpt and then went to the walk in clinic to confirm it. On September 6th I started having pain in my abdomen and went to ER where I started bleeding light red blood and some darker. On September 5th my hcg levels were at 280 and on September 6th was 260. When I got home I had some bleeding for the rest of the day and it stopped. On September 11th my levels were down to 206 and on september 14th they were at 44 with no more bleeding. On Sunday September 16th I took a hpt just to see if it's going to show negative or still positive it was negative. I had unprotected sex few time. Today September 19th I started light cramping (like a period cramping) and when I went to pee I notice light red blood on the paper with some clear discharge. Could this be still blood from miscarriage or what? I'm so confused. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to do bloodwork to make sure my levels are down to 0 which they might be since my hpt was negative. Any ideas what this might be?

Replies

• Hi Crogirl

Its possible that you are still completing a miscarriage. Sometimes the bleeding can stop and start for some time afterwards - I have bled for weeks after all of my mcs. Its worth getitng yourself checked out to make sure nothing has been left behind so I would mention this when you go tomorrow for your bloods and they also say not to have sex until the bleeding has completely stopped.....it if were me I would wait a few days before any more BD just to be certain. You haven't mentioned how long your cycles are - although from your dates that looks a bit quick to be another AF.

Take care and let us know how you are.

Apple x

• My last cycle was August 28th and 3 says later I found out I was pregnant..

Today doctor said the same thing however he did not do an exam I am not comfortable with examp while I'm bleeding he said that's fine as long as I am not having any heavy bleeding and strong pains ... Hopefully this ends soon it sucks.
  • Hi Crogirl, sorry to hear about your mc.  Alas bleeding afterwards will differ from woman to woman but can stop/start for several weeks as the womb lining & hormone levels readjust (It's been a while but I can still remember bleeding for 8-12wks following mine). If you are not experiencing any abdominal pain then your GP won't normally examine you without you asking them to specifically do so, it will more likely be just a chat to see how you are feeling in yourself. Best wishes