Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

major setback

Im coming up to the 2 month mark since i found out about my missed.miscarriage at the 12 week scan. i checked Facebook this morning and a friend that has already shown she has no idea what im going through as she text me to tell me about how amazing her 12 week scan was three weeks after i had my bad news (and she knew about it when it happened) put her pregnancy and due date out on Facebook. i know she has every right to dont that but it hurt like he'll as our due dates were close. i had to pull over in the car on the way to word because i was crying so much and couldn't breathe. i rang my manager which is very kind and she told me not to go to . so i went home and have spent the whole day crying on and off feeling like im back to square 1 in my grief process. The pregnant friend is meant to be coming to a party at our house in 2 weeks and i really don't know how i will cope with seeing her and hearing people congratulating her. im so jealous and hurt. im thinking of asking her not to come , would anyone else do the same in my situation? I just don't want to cry tithe party i was doing so well and just want to have some fun and im so worried about how i will react when i see the bump and im still so angry with hery for texting me so thoughtlessly. Im driving myself mad with this, what shall i do?!

Replies

• Sorry about the typos, wrote this on my phone!
  • Hi fairysare, sorry you feel so dreadful, I hope you are feeling better this morning. Don't think of it as a major setback. There will lots of little things that will set you off and upset you and that's perfectly normal.

It was my birthday this week and I spent the whole early morning in floods of tears that I'm not pregnant anymore. When I got to work one of my colleagues announced she is pregnant and her due date is the day after mine.

It's so difficult, but it will be our turn soon. We deserve some good luck and a little less heartache xxx
  • I didn't actually answer your question though.

In my opinion I would still invite her to the party, she is your friend and she is delighted At her news, she has been insensitive but would probably be devastated if you pointed it out to her. I think we get so swept up in our emotions that we can forget those of others around us.

My sister and my sister in law are pregnant - both due weeks after my due date. I've been thinking about how to avoid them. But, if I were pregnant and one of them had miscarried I would be so upset if I thought they were avoiding me.

It's not their fault that I'm not pregnant and I really feel like I don't want to affect how happy they are about their pregnancies.

I'm sorry, this probably isn't much help but its how I feel (and how I am forcing myself to feel whenever I think/feel something else)

Xxx
  • Thanks for the advice, it has given me lots to think about.....

In other news Froggy123 my AF came this morning, that strangely cheered me up as it feels like my body is getting back on track and now i can try for an October BFP. Has yours arrived yet? I remember you were waiting xx
  • No af yet! Frustrated.com

I feel like until I've had a period it will still be "the miscarriage month".

Is this your first af since your mc? Xx
  • Yes! Its taken 46 days to come since my d & c, doc told me it can take up to 3 months to come back and this is normal! Try not to worry but it is so frustrating having to wait, how long have you been waiting now? Xx
  • Hi fairysare, I've been waiting 38 days and I just can't wait any longer so I've started the norithisterone tonight. 

I know there's an arguement for letting nature take its course but nature doesn't seem to work very well for me so I can't see why I'd trust her now!

Looking forward to seeing AF and restarting my clomid. Onwards and upwards!

Froggyx

• Good luck! Nature can be a very cruel mistress lets hope she gets on side for both of us this time round! Xx
  • image can completely empathise. some one i know who fell pregnant a month after me, has announced her pregnancy now. she is 20 odd weeks and it massively reminds me of where i would have been now had i not had mmc.. have felt very much like i have been back at square one over the past week or so.

our happyness will come one day hun x x thinking of you x