Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

help please..

i had a scan on 26th nov at 6weeks and found out baby hads died.was told to wait.so i started to bleed on 14th dec and on passed the sac on 27th dec. still heavy bleeding so had a scan yesterday and have 20mm tissue left was given 2 different antibiotics.they said this should help the tissue to come out.has any of you had this.im so scared as 4 years ago i had the same thing but ended up having erpc followed by infection and heavy periods.luckily i did go on to have my 5th baby and my first girl. advice please

Replies

• I've just experience similar I'm afraid. I had our 12 week scan only to be told that our baby had died at 10 weeks. I opted for an erpc which was done on 17th Dec.

On the 19th, I had excruciating pains and ended up back in hospital where they said the original surgery had been incomplete. I was relatively lucky I guess and they were able to remove the rest of the tissue manually.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the anti biotics work and the remaining tissue comes out without the need for an erpc.

Hugs honey. Cx
  • hi hushpuppy sorry for your loss.was that your first pregnancy?i had mc son son mc  mc son son mc mc daughter mc. ive decided to ring the early pregnancy unit who has been looking after me bacause been bleeding heavy today with golf ball size clots.hopefully they will let me have the erpc. i just want closer so i can move on and try again.

• Hi Calee and thank you. It was not my first pregnancy, I had a mc in Aug 06, daughter in Sept 07, mc in Aug 12 followed by mmc (and by far the worst) in Dec 12.

Did you go to the epau to get sorted? I hope you're ok? Xx
  • Hope you manage to get sorted out x
  • well the bleeding has stopped and just left  with some brown spotting.got a scan tomorrow 5th at 9 hopeing it will be clear.how are you doing hushpuppy? hope your recovering well. xx

• Hi Calee & thanks for asking.  I'm physically fine now, bleeding/spotting stopped on Wednesday although had been very light since NYE.  Am now just trying to get back to normal and await the arrival of a normal af.  Then I think we will try just one more time.

How about you?  I hope the scan shows you are clear and won't need an erpc.  Are you going to try again?  I'm worried if we do get pregnant again that I will spend 9 months on pins and unable to enjoy the experience, the fear of it happening again will always be there.  Also, is there really any point in early scans?  I had one at 7 wks which showed a healthy heartbeat - it didn't actually mean anything did it?

xxx

• hi hushpuppy. the scan went well its all gone and no sigh of infection anymore and bleeding all stopped. i to am going to wait for af then going to try again.      i know your pain and worry about getting pregnant again. when i had mc jan 09 i lost it at 13weeks and it died at 11weeks. i had a bad time and really got scared when i found out that was preg again that july. untill i held my daughter in my arms ( 1st girl after 4 boys) i never thought she would be ok and every day even now i know she wouldnt be here if i hadnt had that mc. as hard as it is to mc again i know deep down something was wrong and has made way for a healthy baby. so i think you should go for it.we have to take that chance to get our dream and fingers crossed we will have our babys this time next year.   do you take long to conceive normaly? good luck and hope you get a sticky been real soon xx

• Thank you Calee, your words are comforting.  I am so glad your scan was clear and that you are now safe to try again.  I hope everything works out quickly for you!

So far, I have always conceived relatively quickly, it took a couple of months after stopping the pill last year but then fell pg in August and again in late Sept. 

I'll keep my fingers crossed for us both. xxx