Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Please can you read my lengthy story and any advice very apprecated

Let me indroduce myelf, im 25 years old and have a 8 nearly 9 year old son with new partner, we were plannin a pregancy so on the 20.6.13 when i found out we were we were very happy.. I guesses straight away i was 7-8 weeks gone going by a normal 28 day cycle, mine is 45 sometimes bit more/less.

On saturday evening we went to hospital due to cramping & brown discharge, was examined cervix shut and hcg 4300 0dd. (she thought i was 7-8 wks mind) told go home and rest it was all ok and booked in for internal ultrasound scan tues25th.

I was still having  the same on monday morning so went back to the hospital straight too gynae ward. They checked my cervix still shut but told possible miscarriage. I then was assaulted  by my ex partner monday at 5pm, rushed too hospital as bleeding got heavier and cramps got worse. checked my hcg levels and they dropped too 3660 which he said wernt significant but his speciality wernt in gynae so was advised to just go for my scan .in the morning.

Went for my internal scan I was told i was roughly 5 weeks but she had concerns as the sac was slighly irregular and low down in my utuerus. Was told again possible miscarriage.

Me and my partner had intercourse tuesday night and at 11 pm after intercourse a blob fell out of me, we rung ward 11 who said too keep it in the  fridge and bring it down in the morning (sick).

So we took the clot (which did look like a baby or slighltly anyay) down and we were told  i passed part of the placenta but it was a miscarriage. We were devastated and tried coming to terms with it. They even asked us if we wanted the "placenta/fetus)  cremated, take home and bury it or let the hospital deal with it. After I passed  this the bleeding subsided and cramps went, we were booked in for scan thursday 27th make sure it was all out, I was told internal but it was external and had to drink pint and half of water beforehand.

We went for scan thinkin we'd totally lost the baby. As I walked the sonogropher said 'lost a bit of blood av u love' i said no i've passed the fetus, she said oh. She done the scan and the sac is still there, no yolk or pole but at 5 weeks we wouldnt see that on external scan would we?? I asked her if i could have passed an identical twin she said possibly. We went back up to ward 11 witht the ultrasound results and saw the same dr we saw 2 days before (who couldnt remember us at all) and she said theres very little chance the pregnancy will carry on but im confued as i thought id miscarried, i forgot to tell her i was only just turned 5 weeks too, my head is in bits, as anyone got any advise please.?