Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

started spotting 1 & 1/2 weeks after miscarriage

Hi.  I've never posted on the net before but I'm so confused I feel I need any advice or support I can get right now.  I miscarried at 6 weeks starting on June 2.  Horrible cramps.  We conceived the first or second time we ever had sex and were so excited, then completely heartbroken.  I'm 35 so I kinda feel like I dont have much time.  Plus I got pregnant when I was 15 and lost the baby at over 4 months with D&C.  With this recent miscarriage, I had off and on heavy bleeding & clots with awful cramping and lasted from June 2 to June 9.  My hormone levels dropped to nothing withing 3 to 4 days.  Then a week later I thought I ovulated.  We've been having unprotected sex but then on the 19th I had some pink spotting when I wiped for about 2 hrs.  It stopped.  We had sex on the 21st and I started spotting brown discharge (dried blood the nurse told me).  Today is the 29th and I've been spotting off and on since the 19th varying from brown to orange to pink to slightly red.  No cramps, no clots.  I actually thought maybe i was pregnant again as I started having pregnancy symptoms but my hpt came back negative.  I'm really confused and obviously my body is too.  I never bled after intercourse but i do each time now.  The nurse said if I was in pain or i had any foul odor I should see my doctor but so far nothing like that.  I really just want this all to be over with.  I feel like a failure even though I know it's not my fault.  I've always wanted to be a mother and I dont understand why I can't.  It's totally messed up my faith as well.  And not to sound awful, but i see so many women who don't care about their kids or their health and well-being and just keep popping babies out.  It seems so unfair.  sorry, I'm just having a hard time sometimes.  Other times I'm okay but this off and on spotting and then also the feeling of being pregnant when i know I'm not is enough to drive me crazy.  Thanks for listening. I really feel for all the other women and their significant others who have to go through such heartbreak.

Replies

• I'm sorry for ur loss chick it must b a terrible time for u. Maybe u should see ur doc again for advice just to check everything is happening as it should? or perhaps test again in a few days? X

• Hiya im sorry to hear what you are going through, mother natute can be cruel.  At your age you are definatenely NOT to old to be a mum and fingerscrossed next time everything will be ok.  I had a miscarriage on 310513 and bled for about 2 weeks so Iknow how you feel.  The bleeding could be just old blood still coming away or even ovulation?  Perhaps it takes tome for it to all settle down.

I know my GP told me to contact her if I had fouling smelling discharge as this could be a sign of a infection, but it doesnot sound like that.

After my miscarriage i had no pregnancy symoptoms for about 2 weeks but over the last week ive had sore tingling breasts (like when i was  pregnant) and a day of too of blood stained discharge which I thought maybe ovulation??  Like you im confused.  Mind you I havent done a test as im going to leave it a couple of weeks.

I understand that you feel like youve ailed because I do too, but we must remember we havent it was mother nature who took our poor little babies away for whatever reason and that we had no control over it.

Have you decided what your going to do with preg test, perhaps leave it a few days?  xx

• thanks for replying.  I'm so sorry for your loss and thank you for the support.  I still feel quite young but i know more problems occur as we get beyond 35.  I know it was mother nature or God and she/It is terribly cruel.  But what can we do? nada

I read that the spotting is definitely not my period so soon but most likely the rest of the watery parts of the mc.  I really wish it would just be over with.  I never bled for ovulation before.  Matter of fact, my cycle was clockwork but i guess that bit the dust.  It's just all so strange that i feel like a stranger in my own body.

I will probably take another pregnancy test in a week or more.  I'm sure it's negative but it's so odd that all of a sudden I started having the symptoms, just to a different degree than my first pregnancy.  Oh but I would so love to possibly give it a go again.  I just don't want to get my hopes up anymore.  I guess I have learned a big lesson on how I can't control things so I guess there's always an upside to even the worst of things.?.  I will be hoping for the best for you!  I'd like to know what you find out, hopefully great news! 

Oh and I will be going to the doctor if it doesn't stop in the next week or if something changes for the worst.   

• Hiya,  Im glad you can see a small positive in all of this. Im trying to do my best with being positive and strong but it is difficult when all you see is bloody babies everywhere and that what you want more than ever isnt it.

Have you been out and about sinve the mc?  My husband told me ive turned into a recluse as I havenet been far at all, I keep telling him that I feel so let down and hurt by my body and our loss that I cant be bothered to mix. (God i sound miserable).  Mind you my dr has been great, got to go back to work tue so going to see her before, not sure if i will ever be ready to face work, im just glad that hardly anybody knew i was pregnant.  Have you had time off work?

Know what you feel about preg test, i think its prob betterfor us to leave it for a few weeks time.  I dont want to be disappointed!!xx