Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

2nd mc this year...

I am in the process of my 2nd mc this year. Had a scan that showed a sac dating me around 5 weeks. Had a 2nd scan 2 weeks later that showed it had grown slightly, but was still empty. The scan also showed an additional 3 sacs, all being empty. I'm going back for a re-scan on Mon, even though they are 99% sure its a non viable pregnancy, to discuss the next steps.   How do people pick themselves up & try again? I know I am still young (26), but am struggling to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have a daughter who is almost 4, & didnt have any probs with that pregnancy. Thanks for reading x x

Replies

• I'm so sorry hun, please keep us posted on how u go. Will b thinking of u on mon x

• Hi Supastar, so very sorry you're going through this. I can't really offer any advice but just wanted to offer my support and a big hug as I'm in the same boat and am hoping they offer me a D&C on Monday.

I think once this is over for us we'll be able to move on - I read somewhere that each day that passes is a day further away from the pain and a day closer to the future you want. This is helping me, not sure if it'll help u too.

xxx

• My wife miscarried this year, it was hard for us both and took us a while to get over it. We tried again straight away and got preg but think we're gonna lose this one too image

You gotta take heart from the fact that you have a child and you will be successful again, don't give up x

• Thanks for the replies. My last mc ended naturally, which I think looking back has been easier to deal with. I am more sad this time round at having to make the decision between tablets, d & c etc, & also at the fact of loosing mutiples. 2 of my sisters are pregnant, the 1st being due a couple of weeks after my first mc due date, and the 2nd a month b4 this preg would of been due. Luckily they dont live locally, as the thought of seeing them with their bumps is devestating. I know I'm not the only one to go through it,& like you say I have one lo already, its just so hard to put on a brave face for everyone.    Gl for Mon Lou. x x

• Oh Supastar that must be awful having pregnant women around you. I find it hard seeing babies everywhere in the street and on FB! Also I had my hair done yesterday to take my mind off things for the afternoon and the hairdresser asked when Pete and I plan on  having kids.....that was like taking a bullet.

Following Desps comment, I don't expect this to be any easier for you because you already have a child - that's irrelevent and shouldn't belittle what you're feeling now - a mc is tragic whether you aready have children or not.

Have you decided between a D&C or medical management yet? It's hard isn't it. I think I'm going to have a D&C as I'm so scared of the unknown and I haven't had any cramps or spotting for over a week, so I have no idea when it'll start.

Could you tell your family what's going on to save having to put on a brave face? xx

• Desp2BDaddy - so very sorry to read your story too. What makes you think your wife is going to lose this baby? xx

• Lou, I didn't mean that to be callous about her having a child already. Please don't think that, I just meant it is a positive to hold onto. I know that if I had a child it would make me feel more positive about getting another.

I don't know if anyone can shed any light on this but here goes:

- mc'd earlier this year

- waited till docs gave all clear

- wife now 14 past ov date and due period any time now.

- faint positive tests over last 4 days

- pinkish brownish spotting for about 10 days.

- sick feeling, constantly hungry, tired, drowsy etc

• I wouldn't worry too much just yet then Desp - that's really early on so could be implantation or breakthrough bleeding. Feeling sick yet hungry is a strong pregnancy symptom so if she's getting morning sickness, that is a good sign. Although early pregnancy bleeding isn't 'normal', it is common.

I'd wait a few more days and do another test - if it comes up stronger then go to the doctor when she's about 6 weeks pg to investigate the bleeding (they can't see anything on a scan before this). If it says negative or is getting fainter it could be a chemical pregnancy image.

I knew you didn't mean to be callous with the comment, I've had a few comments made to me about different things that have upset me and I thought if I was Supastar your comment might have upset me. Sometimes we don't mean to upset people but we do - purely because going through a mc is so hard that people don't know what to say. I am going to disembowel the next person who says 'At least you know you can get pregnant'. They say it and they mean well, but don't realise it belittles your mc and makes you feel like you shouldn't be upset because 'at least you know you can get pregnant'.

Hope that made sense! Good luck I hope you guys have a sticky bean - please keep us posted. xx

• Hi Lou. No I havent decided which is best. My lo has her school inductions spread over 3 days, starting wed, so will be nr impossible to get bk to the hospital this week. I dont think I'll get a d & c until early nx week, which may be easier but depends what they say 2mo. How are you holding out hun? Stupid question really but I hope your ok. Have u managed to get an early app again? Mines not until late afternoon this time . Desp - Sorry you are having a hard time. fc everything will settle down & you'll get a super sticky bean this time. We spend so much time & effort ttc, & in comparison its this bit that needs all our energy! x x 

• Hi supastar , tried to get hold of you on ttc after mc forum but my pc's on a go slow tonight , just wanted to say best of luck for tomorrow hun , hope the hospital can fit you in at a time that's suitable for you and your lo , bless her , is she excited to be going to school ? you never know there might have been growth and all is well , I really hope so for you x 

How are you holding up lou , my heart goes out to you ,good luck with your appointment, keeping everything crossed for you x x

Af arrived for me this afternoon so that's the end of my ponderings for this month , next month will be better for all of us .. I hope x x

• Good luck today Supastar xxx

thanks evemum, scan is at 9. Scared but looking forward to moving on. Sorry you didn't get your bfp this month xxx

• Thanks Eve, sorry af showed up, but atleast you are not in limbo anymore. Hope you are ok hun, always a huge disappointment when she arrives!

Hope you got on ok today Lou, what a totally awful thing to go through, but atleast you will have some closure. Sending you a big hug. Got another 3 hours until my app, really want it over now x x

• Hope the next 3 hours go by fast for you hun , will be thinking of you x x

Hope it went as well as could be expected lou ? x x

Sending you both big hugs x x x x

• good luck supastar xxx

• Hope you're ok Supastar xx

• Hope everything wasn't too stressful today. Much love 

• Thanks all. No change. The consultant wont let me have a d & c  or the tablets, they are guna leave me to mc naturally. Gutted is not the word. x x

• So sorry hunny image Did they say why you can't have pills or D&C??? That seems harsh to me as you've already waited so long xxx

• They dont wana risk the d & c causing damage. If I wana go back for tablets I have to call in 2 weeks and probably beg them for them. How did u get on hun ? x x

• No surprise it is a missed mc. Was given 4 vaginal pills and am now at home hoping to mc asap. So far I had an hour which hurt so bad I ended up in the empty bath with an ice pillow. Obviously I have no comparison but felt like a really long contraction. Have had an hour ish of bareable cramps but I feel another massive one coming on image wish they let me stay in hospital. Sorry I feel very pathetic at the moment! Hope this is over soon, I'm not even bleeding yet and don't know when it'll start.

I can't believe they won't even let you have the pills! That's so wrong, you should be able to do what you need to do xxx