Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feel so helpless

Replies

• FC for you hun, but my story is similar to Lou's, got a really dark line straight away, but all went t**s up. I really do hope that your story is different though. x x

• This pregnancy is very similar to the last one (ended with mc after 11/12 weeks) except last time she never felt sick at all. She's not actually being sick yet but is queasy all the time.

Hope everyone is ok?

• Hi Desp. Hows things going with you and your wife? Hope she is feeling better x x

• She seems ok, she's feeling sicky and stuff but not actually vomiting. She's had bits of spotting bit no heavy bleeds thank god! 

Had a nightmare last night that she'd lost again and it was horrible. Need to fast forward to healthy scans and that "safer" stage further down the line.

I just panic that it won't happen again this time. Are you ok Supa?

• I'm getting there hun. My family have been totally crap but my friends & peeps on here have been brilliant. I'm hoping I'm over the worst. You're wife is lucky to have someone who's so supportive. Is ur scan a week on Mon? x x

• Aw sorry to hear that you're family arent being too helpful. That's very odd!

Its just feels that its only natural to do whatever I can to look after her and babs, couldn't imagine her not being there for me if it was other way around so only fair.

Yeah scan on 22nd I think, I know what's gonna happen though, will either see nothing and it be the worst news, or it'll be too early to see anything and that'll panic us both again having the uncertainty. What would you expect to see at 6/7 weeks?

• Hey desp, hope the time passes quickly for you, I know the waiting is the worst part. At 6-7 weeks you should see a little bean with a fluttering heartbeat! Got everything crossed for you hoping that's what you see xx

• Hi Desp, how are you holding out? I hope you and your wife are doing ok, although I know you will be both worrying about your scan next week. As Lou says, the waiting is by far the worst part. I hope it brings you the happy news that you both deserve x x

• Scan was due on monday got changed to Tuesday. 

No point even going now, got the worst news again this morning, just had to come home from work, wife had really heavy bleed this morning in work, like not just spotting, or even like a period, like through all her clothes. Can't believe it. I wanna die.

• Desp2BDaddy,

I'm so sorry to hear your news, nobody deserves to go through all this.

How is your wife coping? Are you ok? I'm sending lots of love and hugs your way!!!

My story is the same as yours - started trying in December, got a positive in Feb, started spotting in April and went to the emergency dept to find that my baby stopped developing at 10+5 - totally crushed and devastated. Still cannot get over it!!! At least the hospital in Manchester treated me well and all the nurses and midwifes were excellent. Been trying to concieve since the operation (had to get it removed surgically) but no luck.

Please do not give up! It is extremely unfair that things like this happen .... a few months ago I thought it was easy to get pregnant - seeing all the 16 year olds pushing a pushchair with 2 babies in it. Now I feel that people who are desperate to have children have no luck whatsoever and people who do not want them are priviledged to have them. How is this fair?

We've also waited to make sure we had the financial back-up and now at the age of 27 (almost 28) I felt like I was more than ready for a baby - obviously somebody 'up there' thought we did not deserve one!

Let us know how you are getting on

xxx

• So sorry to hear your news desp to happen once is bad enough. Sending hugs to you and your wife.

I hope that when your both ready to try again that it will be 3rd time lucky for you. you sound as though your going to be a real hands on dad x

• Thanks for all your kind messages, devastated that this is happening again. It's at the exact same point as last time, except we didnt know we'd lost our first one till much later. Last had stopped developing at 6/7 weeks but didnt mc till 10/11 weeks.

Gonna have to ask them if there is anything up with either of us that just won't let us be parents. 

• I'm so very sorry desp that you're having to go through this a 2nd time. As Mavi said, hopefully it'll be third time lucky for you. Hopefully next time you'll get special treatment to keep an eye on how the pregnancy goes - I'm not sure how it works but I would have thought they would need to give you some extra support even if it's just for peace of mind.

I'm sure this won't help you right now but one of my best friends tried for a year and a half and had 2 mc's - then she got lucky third time round and now has a beautiful girl so there is definitely hope. Take care of yourself and your wife xx

• Desp, I am really sorry to hear that. I had everything crossed that this little bean would be ok for you both. To have a mc is absolutely devistating, but to go through it more than once is totally unbearable.

I asked my hospital why it had happened again, to be told that they wont start looking into it until I have a 3rd mc (God I hope it doesn't come down to that). Apparently they just class having two in a row as 'bad luck'.

I know that there is nothing that anyone can say to you at the moment, but atleast you and your wife have each other for support. x x

• Yeah, we got told that they wouldn't investigate till after the third mc and gave us the "its just bad luck" line too. Makes you feel like s*** on their shoes. Probably gonna see if we can afford to go private for third one, doubt we can but will do whatever it takes.

• It does make you feel crap hun, but we are all strong people, & we keep going. I just wanted to say best of luck for tomorrow. If it is bad news atleast you will finally know the outcome instead of being in limbo. Sorry if I sound so harsh, I'd love for you to have good news, but really don't want to build your hopes up!

Either way we are all here for you. What time is your scan? x x

• Half ten, work have let me go to it but I have to be in before and after it- if it's bad news they can take a running jump I'm staying with my wife!

I'm fully expecting the worst but I keep hanging on to that little bit of hope that I could see our baby alive and fluttering tomorrow. Will flip from deliriously happy, to absolutely  devastated and I hate that there's so much riding on this. 

Thanks for the GL FX messages, will try my best to let you know the news x

• Good luck for today, you're in my thougts n prayers x

• Good Luck Desp2BDaddy

• After IVF that ended in misc at 7 weeeks last yaer.

on day 3 today of my missed period  i got a BFP with a home pregnancy test - to our utter amazement!

But the cramps would not go away and then i started the bleeding. I refused to have a blood test done today at the docs  after their urine test came back negative. Can't deal with the waiting of results just to tell me what i already know!  silly me! regreting the decision now.

39 years old and  feeling miserable today.