Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Bit of a rotten time

We had had a bit of a rotten year so far and I'm finding this latest episode hard to accept.

We had a chemical pregnancy in January, a MC in March (2 sacks, no embryos), then I got pregnant again in April. We had an early scan at 8 weeks and all was fine, heartbeat and everything. A few days later a felt a bit poorly and noticed a rash on my legs. Googled and went to the Doc suspecting Parvovirus (slapped cheek), I was concerned but not panicking as risks appeared low. Doc said probably not parvo. 2 days later I couldn't move, I had no movement or strength in my joints. Doc came to me and again said not parvo. The following week I went to the Doc for a sick note and said I still thought it was parvo, this Doc agreed and took blood. The test came back positive, I was upset but still not panicking. I went to begin regular monitoring scans (due to the parvo) last week and should have been over 12 weeks, the scan showed the baby had died around the time of the illness. I opted for surgical management and I am home now. 

With the first two losses, I was upset but could just about accept that it wasn't meant to be. With this one though, there was a heartbeat and everything was fine until I got this wretched virus. I just keep thinking this baby was meant to be born.

We told DD (nearly 3) that the baby wouldn't be coming as it had been very poorly when Mummy was poorly, she thought for a while and said "but there might be another baby in your tummy soon".

I am desperate to be pregnant again (and actually have the baby this time) but like most people on here I'm scared to death of going through it again.

Replies

• Hi hun. Really sorry for your losses. I had a mc end of Feb, & am currently going through so 2nd, so I totally understand how you feel. My dd will be 4 next month, & I am wary of the fact that as these mcs go on, the age gap is getting bigger & bigger. The only thing keep me sane atm is talking to people in here that understand what I am going through. I've got a lovely bunch of ladies in the ttc after a mc forum, that have/are providing me with support all the way thru from first mc, fallin preg & now mc again. You are more than welcome to join us, or chat on here, whatevers best for you? x x

• im sorry to both of you. when these miscarriegies are going to stop hounting us im tired of this thing, everyone said its natural but others they give birth without going through mc. i cant sleep thinking about it checking. i had 2 and i dont know if im gonna carry this one i keep praying to god. everyday when i saw people sleeping in a street pregnant and i ask myself why god you give babies to suffering parents but those who really need babies they cant carry babies in a full term. they dont drink or smoke but they miscarry everyday otheres they smoke and drink do all other things but they carry to full term. these miscarrieges god must stop we are tired of suffering

• Thanks folks. Tough few days at work this week, having to meet up with colleagues who knew I was pregnant and explain. One colleague pregnant, another friend has just had a baby (I am truly delighted for both of them). One more day to go and then the summer off, hopefully some time to heal.