Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Please help - finding it hard to cope after mc

2»

Replies

• Should be McMahon, not mac! 

• God I hate this I pad.  Should be mmc 

• Hi Poppy70,

How are you? Does it mean you stopped ovulating if you were prescribed clomid?

I was reading about ovulation and no-ovulation and found another thing to worry about! It is CD35 today and no sign of AF, I did a sneaky test on CD28 and it was negative (just as I expected) so now I'm worried in case I get another BFN again. I said that I will test on CD40, which is Monday next week, but I'm getting a bit impatient image

I felt really nauseous (hope I spelt it right :0 ) this morning and got this funny taste in my mouth. I had a mint humbug and after I finished it the taste in my mouth was like I've just finished a fag (I'm a non smoker by the way). I'm trying to keep calm and not to raise my hopes.

However, if AF does not tur up and my tests are negative I will go to the doc and ask them to do a blood test to check my progesterone levels, etc. I will just have to exagarate a little bit, otherwise they won't be interested in helping me - my GP is $hit!

Poppy, did you have a D&C or ERPC after you found out about your mmc?

xxxx

• Hello sweet judy,  I'm not sure if was ovulating or not I have really irregular periods and was never tested for ovulation.  I think the consultant saw how long I had been trying and my age (I was 37) at the time I was prescribed it.  I think I only ovulated acouple of times a year.  I didn't have anything after the mmc, I went home to think about it and miscarried naturally that night, which was horrendous!  I had a scan after to make sure everything had comeaway.  Goodluck younever know might be a bfp.  I'd I'd a test when I was 5 days over and it was negative and I did one when I was 8 days over and got a bfp so you never know x. Good luck x

• Hi Poppy70,

I'm going to chart my temp this month and see if I'm actually ovulating. Looks like I will have to try again next month because the witch got me this morning - wprds cannot descride how upset I am at the moment/ Oh well, there is always next month image

Got a meeting this morning so I've got to pull myself together. Bl**dy AF, but at least I know that my cycles are settling on 35 days now - veeeery long indeed image

xxx

• Aw sorry your af came, I always my worst the day it started!  But like you say at least you know how long your cycles are and 35 days isn't too bad!  Mine were, and still are, anything from 40-75 days so it was very frustrating.  See you howyou go for a couple of cycles and if nothing happens there is no harm in going to your gp and exaggerating how long you ve been trying.  Good luck hope you feel bit better tonight x

• Hi Sweetjudy, sorry af got you hun. How are you getting on? x x

• Hi ladies,

Thanks Poppy, I hope my cycles have settled at 35 days now (at least the last two were bang on 35 days). I am going to purchase some herbal feritility boosters like vitex and maca and nettle tea (apparently nettle is good too image. I will feed Maca to my partner too cos they say that it makes the 'little soldiers' swim faster image I'm willing to try anything really. How are you Poppy? Everything ok? xx

Hi Supastar1501,I'm feeling a bit better today, thanks image Broke down in tears yesterday morning on the way to work - not good cos couldn't really concentrate on my driving image Started temping today so hopefully I will be able to chart everything and catch the egg this month. How are you doing hun? xxx

Have any of you tried any herbal remedies?

xxxx

• Hi Hun, nothing wrong with a good cry, I find myself getting upset really easily atm. I've not tried any herbal remedies, but I suppose anything is worth a shot!! I am taking multi vits with folic acid. I tried the Pregnacare, but they left me feeling really ill, so have changed to the Sanatogen. FC they will work for me. Please let me know how you get on x x

• Thanks Supastar1501 image

I will keep you updated. My partner and I will start taking Maca and will try the Nettle tea too (I quite like Nettle tea so it should be ok).

How are you coping hun?

xxxx 

• I'm getting there. Been almost 2 weeks since the bleeding stopped & I'm still waiting for my negative test result. Wish it would hurry up now. X x

• Awww hun, I hope you get your negative soon so you can start ttc again. I don't know how long it took me to get back to normal as I never tested after my mc. I didn't know know I had to image

Hope you are ok and get your negative very very soon xxxx

• Thank you. Had a blood test today, so shall see what the results are tomorrow. I'm hoping for under 100. I didnt do one last time, but EPAS want a negative result so they can sign me off x x

• Hey Supastar, did you get your results? Was it good news? Was thinking of you. x

• Hi WooH, thanks for the message. Yes my results came back as in the 200s, so I have a little while longer to go. I go back next Monday for a repeat test. Will keep you posted xx 

• Hello chick,

Hope your levels drop soon and you get back to normal as soon as. xxx 

• Keeping all crossed for you, Supastar image xxx

• Hi huni it's soo hard after having a mc I just had One on 8 June 2013 I'm still finding it hard to cope but focus on the fact that it will happen again and you will have a healthy pregnancy soon. I find it hard when I see people pregnant and Announcing they good news, Keep strong keep at it and hopefully soon you'll have healthy pregnancy.

• Hi Bubz,

I replied to your other post as well, but just wanted to say - Keep strong and positive. I am finiding it hard to be positive at the moment but I'm getting there. I also find it very hard to see pregnant ladies when I am out and about image 

Make sure that you carry on taking folic acid chick image

What have your cycles been like since the miscarriage? Do you track your ovulation?

What Cycle day are you on now?

Good Luck xxx

• hi ladies! I'm sorry to hear about everyone's loss!

reading your posts are so reassuring! I had a mmc last February and my due date was last week, finding it extremely hard, I was only 19 when this happened so none of my friends are of any help, my oh refuses to acknowledge it has even happened. which winds me up! I'm really struggling getting through the day lately and I don't know what to do! any advice on how to cope?! would be much appreciated!!! xxxx