Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Fear of Missed Miscarriage

In 2011 I had an early scan approx 9weeks where everything was fine, nice strong heartbeat, went back for my Nuchal Scan (11weeks) and was told there was no heartbeat, baby was measuring 10+5.  2 days later we had to go to the Early Pregnancy Clinic to have it confirmed and the following week I went in for an ERPC.

Almost exactly a year later I was pregnant again, all was well until I started spotting, I was 9+2 at this point, again up at the EPU I was advised I was miscarrying but this time they let nature take its course.  This for me was horrific, I bled for around 6 weeks in total and mentally i was shattered.  since then I have had a couple of "suspected" miscarriages or "chemical pregnancies" as the Dr called them, but they said there was no way to know for sure.

I am now 9+6 and am petrified that the same thing is going to happen.  I cant shake this bad feeling and I dont know what to do... I am googling every little thing that is happening to me to see if it is a sign of miscarriage, which I know I shouldnt do but i cant help it.  I have my first mw appointment in 2 days and I am petrified of being scanned and them telling me there is no heartbeat.  I still feel sick, am still off certain foods, my breasts still hurt, but yesterday I noticed that my dischage smelt funny, a strong smell, and good old google came up with a site that said this could be a sign of a MM, a big cold sore has appeared from nowhere, this worries me as I dont get them very often at all and with my second MC I have a mouth ulcer appear at the back of my mouth when the spotting started and didnt disappear until the bleeding stopped....despite various treatments.

Am I worrying over nothing?? Going out of my mind and all I do is picture me lying on that bed and being told the bad news image

Replies

• I had the same thing. I miscarried last year, only once though, however i couldnt shake the fear of it happening again. When i found out i was pregnant this time i googled every symptom thinking it was signs of it happening again. I also kept googling statistics as to the likely hood of miscarriage after a certain number of weeks. I am currently 26 weeks pregnant and feel so blessed but cant help and worry still. I think when you have been through the worst worrying is inevitable. Just try to enjoy it, your chances of the worst happening again are slim, twice is very unlucky but nearly all that miscarry go on to have healthy babies. This is what i keep telling myself and is what has got me through. That and an awful lot of early scans. Congratulations on bub and i wish you al the best of luck. Xxx