Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC After a miscarriage

Hello i am new to this and sadly miscarried on the 14th of November At 5+3 It was the worst most painful experience of my life i was told to go home and make myself comfortable after taking some medication to help the process , i was also told it would only be like a heavy period because i was so early oh how they was wrong 

anyway i came on my period 10 days after , 3 days after the bleeding stopped and was wondering would it be safe for us to start trying again im not even sure if this is my cycle or im still bleeding from the miscarriage  

Replies

• Hi

first of all sorry for your lose! I had a miscarriage at the beginning of the year, this was first pregnancy and it was the worst thing I have ever had to go through.

i didn't have a period for nearly 2 months after and when I got checked out they found out I was pregnant again, and conceived 2 weeks after the miscarriage which I was so shocked about! So I don't think there is a right or wrong time to start trying again. It's when you and your partner feel ready. You are more fertile after a miscarriage. X

• Hi,

I'm 3 weeks post-miscarriage and we've started trying again. I've not had a period yet, just the miscarriage bleeding. The nurse at the hospital told me they prefer you to wait until after your period for dating purposes, but I figured if that's the only reason I'd rather start trying because I've heard you're very fertile after a miscarriage as demonstrated by Katie9 image

Interesting what you said about it being painful - I was 7/8 weeks, although sac was dated at 6+2 and I only had to take 2 ibuprofen throughout the 9 days I bled. Have you already had a baby? I've found that my periods are much less painful since I've experienced labour pains. Whether it's psychological or something was damaged during the birth I have no idea?!

Anyway, good look with trying again. Wishing us both a christmas BFP image

• Noo i have not had a child yes & thankyou good luck to you to ! Hopefully bfp need some good news now xx