Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Misdiagnosed Blighted Ovum at 10 weeks?

Hi Everyone. I will try to make it short, but could really use some advice. I am 27 years old, perfectly healthy, no health problems, no problems conceiving and I already have a 2 year old son who was born via c-section. I found out just before Christmas I was pregnant. I have always had really irregular periods, so I am unsure of an actual ovulation date. I went in last week to the doctor thinking I am about 10-11 weeks along. Head for the ultrasound and no heartbeat. We went for the transvaginal and the doctor saw 2 sacs. One was a bit larger than the other. One looked empty, the other may have had something in it, they were unsure. Did a blood test that day HCG levels were at 8,600. Went back 3 days later and they are down to 5,400. I tried to get out of the nurse what size the sacs measured, but there was nothing in my charts. My doctor told me I have two options- a d&c or naturally wait it out. He encouraged me to wait it out naturally and that is what I am doing. I still have no spotting or cramping. Could this be misdiagnosed? I am not sure if I have a tilted uterus or not but I have always had irregular periods and at least 1 UTI every year. When I was pregnant with my son, I had a lot of bladder infections. I don't want to give up hope, but I also don't want to be in denial. I want to do whats best for any potential baby and for myself. I am living an almost out of body experience. Could it just be one sac I am miscarrying and that is why my levels are dropping? Thanks for your help....I really need some comfort and advice!

Replies

• Hi Deac,

if your levels are dropping that doesn't sound great hon.  I also had a mmc recently and went through the same emotions and thought patterns.  If you are uncertain ask them to scan you again until you are certain, and there is no harm in waiting to see if your body will miscarry normally.

Sorry I can't tell you anything more positive.  The girls on here are lovely and a wealth of experience.  Stay strong xx