Medical Management - advice needed
I was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage early last month and decided to try and wait it out hoping it would happen spontaneously. On 14th was scanned again and told it was a blighted ovum which was continuing to grow so advised to have intervention. After speaking with my consultant we decided to try the medical route (complex history and fear of more uterine damage with a d&c).
Yesterday I had to go to the hospital to have 800mcg Misoprostal inserted and was told to expect heavy bleeding with clots within 6-8hrs. Cramping started within an hour and got progressively worse although it was manageable with pain relief, I then started to get some heavyish red loss (sorry if TMI), had been bleeding already for 10 days! But passed no clots then at about 11 last night it all pretty much stopped.
Has anyone else has any experiences like this, am wondering if there is still any chance it will work or if I will have to have a d&c. Hospital will not see me for another week and that's only for another consultation. I have been off work for 3 weeks already and really need to get some closure so we can move on.
Sorry for the long post