Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

1st pregnancy and MMC

Hi everyone,

This was my first pregnancy, unfortunately past Saturday (I was supposed to be 12+weeks) I started bleeding and had some pain so I went to the A&E, just to show myself I was overreacting.

I had the same thing happening when I was 5weeks pregnant, and at the time went to the A&E and just saw the sac and then 2 weeks later I had anohter scan and saw the little bean with a strong heartbeat.

So this time I was praying it would be the same thing and me just making a big deal over nothing, but went there and baby was only measuring 9w and no heartbeat.

Today I went to the EPU for a second scan and his confirmed baby didn't grow in the past 3 weeks and there's no heartbeat, I'll be having a D&C next Thursday as the doctor doesn't believe it will come out naturally any time soon. 

Now the hard part is the wait and when I'm low and wonder why me and what could I've done differently, but I'm lucky enough to have a very supportive partner and he's definitely being my rock since Saturday...

Replies

• Hi huni

Im sorry to read this, i went throught it twice last yeat july and december i also had to have a d&c for my 2nd loss, i also thought the same stuff what could i of done differently, why me and all the other things we think and feel, i blamed my self and pushed my other half away, i was in for my d&c on 24th december so christmas day i had to put on a brave face, it was hard and painful but we made it through last year 2013 was the worse year of my life so far and im looking forward now to 2014 xx

• Thanks for sharing that Sarah,

If you don't mind me asking did it took very long to get pregnant again? It took me nearly 2years to get pregnant and I'm really afraid that I'll have to wait that long again...

xox