Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How to tell my boyfriend ive had a miscarriage

Just wundering if anyone could help me please. My boyfriend has recently been recalled to prison and i have just had a miscarriage the day after he went. I should i tell him? He was so happy about the pregnancy and i know it will break him. He is also a alcoholic so will just be getting through the detox stage which will be hard enough without him finding this out on top of it! Can anyone help please with the best way to tell him i know it will be horrible finding out on a letter and proberly worse on the 2 minute phone call we will get. Thankyou x

Replies

• Options

Sorry to hear of your loss rachel. As a social worker i often worked with people in prison & on occasion had to relay very sad news... What i found extremely helpful was to contact the prison directly & ask to speak to the prison chaplain... they will be able to go to your partner, explain the news & then stay with them for a while to talk it through & provide comfort.

hope this helps