Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Pregnant after miscarriage. I'm scared :-(

Hey ladies, 

I've just found out I'm pregnant again after having a miscarriage at the start of the year. I have so many mixed feelings, I want to get excited but I'm too afraid, I keep telling myself not to get toI attached to the the idea of having another baby as it might end in heartbreak! has anyone else felt like this? 

I have a three year old and already I feel like I did with her. Headachey, tired, wanting KFC and cake consistently! These things weren't so strong with the one I miscarried... I'm just really scared about getting my hopes up.

Any shared experiences would be fab! Feeling confused x

Replies

• I definitely had this feeling and now a big part of me regrets it. I had 2 miscarriages, January 2011 and January 2012. When I got pregnant last year I was so happy, but spent the first 12 weeks constantly worrying...convinced something would go wrong.

When I went for my 12 week ultrasound it was the same room I found out about my second miscarriage in...i started to cry before my ultrasound even started.

Everything was fine and aside from the my daughter was born that 12 week scan is the happiest I have ever been in my life. I cried and cried out of sheer joy. I wish I had believed that the pregnancy would be fine right from the start because I feel like I missed out on so much excitement because of my worrying. 

Congratulations and good luck in your pregnancy!! :)

• I can definitely relate too. I had a miscarriage in Nov 13 at 6/7weeks. Got my bfp in June this year and I too was quite detached until the 12 week scan. I really really tried my hardest to not worry about stuff - it's not going to do baby any good and also "what will be, will be". There's nothing you can do about it one way or the other.

I don't feel like I missed out really because I think you tend to feel at your worst through the first 12 weeks anyway and also I'd have been cautious anyway until the first scan, regardless of the past miscarriage.

I think the odds are massively in favour of a better outcome for miscarriage after pregnancy, particularly when you've already had a child.

I have a 3 year old too and he's loving mummy's baby bump. 10 weeks to go for me image Good luck!

• Hi I feel the same just found out I am pregnant again after 2 miscarriages and I am also scared so I feel ur pain what's for us won't go by us but doesn't make it any easier x