Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

dropping hcg red bleed then brown

Hi I am 5 w 4 d pregnant at around 16dpo I had a scan because of pain and spotting was told I had a dermoid cyst and they can't yet see apregncy canin my uterus but it was 12.4mm thick they drew bloods which came back at 127 for hcg 2 days later on the saturday gone to 309 then I went on holiday and had a lot of pain I had more bloods drawn they were at 519 on the Monday they saw free flowing fluid in my uterus but still no pregnancy Tuesday I woke and had a red bleed that slowed to brown sludge after 15 minutes and has stayed slight brown spottng my bloods were taken yestarday and they had dropped to 206 I'm still cramping boobs are still sore no sickness is there any hope or am I just waiting for billed to start I have a scan booked for Monday for my hospital to coralate the hospital where I'm holiday is I'm so upset fed up and have to have this cyst removed  

Replies

• Started to spot red so I'm guessing I am miss carrying after all this :'( 

• Hi picklesprout. Yes i'm so sorry to say that the only circumstance in which hcg drops in early pregnancy is when you are miscarrying.. sorry for your loss x

• I'm bleeding red but only when i wipe I got a brown stain on my pad surely I should have a full flow ? Something's telling me my body's holding on ????????

• With both of my miscarriages I didn't have a full bleed until i had medical intervention which was some time after the babies had passed away (1st mc I took medication, 2nd I had a d & c). Some people's bodies just are a little bit slower to start the bleeding process. I really do know what you're going through & don't want to cause you further upset but you really do need to know that this pregnancy is over as hanging onto hope will only make your pain worse later on. If your hcg has dropped that is a definite sign that the baby has passed away. This is what my doctors told me, & was evidenced with both of my losses. Sorry x