Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feeling like a miscarriage is imminent...

HI everyone.

I am exactly 6 weeks pregnant with my first child (confirmed with a blood test 8/26). Saturday afternoon I noticed some brown blood/mucus-like discharge when I went to the bathroom, and it hasn't stopped since. I've developed a steady dull ache in my lower back and some period-like cramps as well. I called a nurse line Saturday afternoon and was advised to call the OB on Tuesday (everyone's closed for Labor Day today here in the US). Of course I am going to call first thing tomorrow morning. I've been obsessively searching Google all weekend and it seems like this could go either way...I know lots of people say that brown blood is ok since it's "old blood," but I just can't shake this feeling of foreboding that this baby isn't going to make it. Just needed to tell someone!

Replies

• Options

Hi sbabs,  

why do these worries always crop up when you can't access help straight away? must be horrible waiting.  I'm guessing you're 5 hours behind us there in usa too.  I am hoping for you that all will settle down and your little one will be safe.  It's hard not to worry isn't it.  Take some paracetamol,  make yourself a wheat pack or hot water bottle and put it on your tummy or back to ease the aches. And rest if you can. Many of us spend hours trawling the Web for answers for bleeding and pain in our quest for reassurance when we are at our most vulnerable. you're right though,  it doesn't always end badly. Keep positive and let us know how you are xxx

• Options

Thanks for the kind words and advice, sunny5. I hope I am overreacting and it ends up being nothing. DH and I have been trying for roughly a year and were so excited when I got pregnant. And you're right, these things always seem to happen when the doctor is closed...

I'm thinking happy thoughts :)