Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

please help desperate for answers

Hi everyone I'm 7+1 weeks pregnant according to my lmp and on Thursday afternoon I noticed rusty red coloured blood when I went to toilet, I phoned my go who phoned the epu and they booked me in for a scan for Wednesday! !!

Yesterday( Friday) I went to hospital as the bleeding was bright red and loosing tiny clots and stringy bits...no pains and still only when wiping nothing at all on my pad...I had blood taken and my hcg level were 4000 which Dr said was fine and sent me home saying to keep my scan for Wednesday! !! Today I'm loosing my mind, sometimes the blood is there then it stops completely sometimes it's red then a few hours later it's brown......I've convinced myself I'm miscarrying but the more I read about miscarriage I don't know as there's no need for a pad and no pain......I know people can't tell weather I am or not but would really like to know if you've had similar and it was a successful pregnancy or it was in fact a miscarriage I'm going out of my mind

Replies

• Good morning.  It's a horrible worrying time for you, try to stay positive.  I did have spotting in this pregnancy around 8 weeks (and also lived a nightmare of a missed mc before with NO bleeding). With my daughter i had a fairly heavy bleed with stringy bits around 5 weeks (which scared me having had previous mc's). That time I was scanned transvaginally at the epu and was overjoyed to see her little heart flickering away -she's now 15! I've read many tales of ladies who have had bleeding in early pregnancy who have gone on to deliver healthy babies. I am keeping everything crossed that you have a positive outcome hun. Take it easy til weds and keep us posted x