Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

2 consecutive miscarriages

Hi,

im just after a little bit of reassurance and some guidance really.....my partner and I are both 34 and decided to start TTC earlier this year, it seems the egg can fertilise straight away but that as far as it goes 😢

we had a miscarriage back in July, it was early, started spotting, then bleeding and no sac could be found, hcg levels weren't rising etc and eventually confirmed via scan that wall was too thin and definitely no pregnancy.

we then went on to try again and fell pregnant again straight away, we had the dating scan last week and by my calculations I was about 9 weeks (I was using ovulation tests). When we went for a scan it was just an empty sac measuring approx 7 weeks and 4 days. To say we were upset is understatement. So we've now had two miscarriages but never seen a heartbeat, has anyone else had this and still conceived? How long did you leave it to try again? They say to leave one cycle but the nurse told me this was purely for dating purposes so if you're using ovulation kits you would know right?

so worried/upset I don't really know what to do with myself right now, any advise would be appreciated.