Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

IVF miscarriage advice

Hi

I am after some advice as feeling really stressed out at the moment and don't know what to do. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for almost 7 years and have just been through our first cycle of IVF. We have tried to remain realistic about our chances as to not get our hopes up.

When I did the test it came back positive and we were over the moon. Although still early days and cautious it was hard not to get our hopes up. I went for a scan at 6 weeks and they could only see the sac but no embryo along with unexplained fluid in my tubes. We were heart broken and although went back to work the next day ended up having a couple of days off after that as I was so emotional. I went for another scan on Monday to confirm I had lost the baby. They could see that the lining had already started to come away and so expected the miscarriage to happen naturally. I had lost the baby at about 5 weeks and am now nearly 9 weeks. I went back to work but each day the pains are getting increasingly worse and staggering pain killers every couple of hours. I know this is to be expected but I still have no signs of bleeding and so if nothing has happened by Monday will have to go in for surgery.

I manage a nursery and so with the pain and not feeling with it do not feel up to going in. I normally fight through but with such a busy environment don't think I'd cope. I am getting so much pressure from work to go back and worried about the impact of it all. Has anyone been through the same or similar or know anyone who has? Is it normal to have time off? If it was a less demanding job or I could work from home I would give it a go but unfortunately don't have that option. I am lucky to have such a supportive husband but would love thoughts of anyone who has been through this.

Thank you xx