Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

bleeding but possitive preg test help :/

Hi, i found out i am 4 weeks pregnant the day before my period was due, very faint possitive but then a digitel clear blue says 1-2 weeks, then my period cane bang in time, ive re tested today an the possitive line is much more clearer, im so confussed :/ my gp as told me to class this a period an to re test in two weeks as this happened to anyone else please help 

Replies

• Don't panic, is it a heavy bleed?  Bleeding threw pregnancy can be normal x

• Hi, no its just like my period but lighter its gone today now, :/ im just so confussed 

• I really wouldn't worry u could always ask your doctor for a blood test, they can take one now and again in 2 days and 2 days after that... to see if your hcg levels are creeping I don't think they would deny you of it. Good luck and keep us posted. X

• Well ive done another test today n its even darker today, yh i think ill ask my gp, thankyou for the advise means alot x

• imageSo ive had a scan they couldnt see anythimg but said it cud just be im to early, but the tests r getting stronger still not fainter, the bottom one is from today strongest one yet :/ anyone help would be great x

• They will most likely not pick anything up untill 6 weeks Hun, aslong as your not bleeding now and have no pains you should be fine, wait a couple of weeks then see if you can get another scan, a lot of women bleed through out their pregnancy, hope this helps xxx 

• Hmm, are you on a very strong birth control (containing progesterone)? Does it fluctuate throughout the cycle or are all the pills the same dosage? Sometimes those can be very good at tricking the body into pregnancy.

Also, like a few said above, bleeding during pregnancy *can* be normal. What you want to see is lighter consistency & color. Sometimes the uterus expels extra lining it doesn't think it will need (usually because it's not on the side that the egg has implanted) or which has some defect such as not being fully connected to the uterus. So, it gets rid of it before the cervical plug becomes to thick. It's better that it's gone instead of staying in there for months!

But also, bleeding *may* indicate an oncoming miscarriage, too. That's how my miscarriage started around my 8-10 wk time point. First, it was light bleeding, then cramps & more bleeding w/tissues in the outflow. I would be mindful to stay as healthy as possible, have as little rough activity as possible & try not to stress, as a lot of stress can influence a miscarriage too. If you're really worried about it, request supplements, such as progesterone. My care provider didn't communicate w/me that a progesterone supplement would be helpful until it was too late. :/