Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Scared and unsure what to expect

Hi everyone,

On the 3rd of this month i started my "period" a week early, it was brown and sometimes a little dark red but a lot lighter than the normal heavy, clotty and painful. although abnormal i waited the normal 7 days and it stopped the following wednesday.

Then on sunday as i was on my way out for valentines it started again, bright red but only on the tissue before it changed back to brown i waited until today and phoned the doctor who advised me to take a test and call back with the results. Two tests later i have two clear positives.

After calling my doctor has arranged an appointment for the morning and advised me that this is most likely a miscarriage. Im now unsure on what happens next or what i meant to feel about this. I keep going from relieved that i am able to have children after trying for 3 years and angry that after all this time the outcome is likely to be loss. Could anyone tell me what to expect tomorrow and if im likely to get answers?