Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Writing a Thesis on Miscarriage and Pregnancy loss

Hi i had a miscarriage in June last year and since have got my Executive Diploma for Nursing Assisting but i am 6 and a half months pregnant again and therefore cannot work but wish to bump up my experience, CV etc for when i finish work. 

I am looking to write a Thesis with thorough information on miscarriage and pregnancy loss, how it happened to different people, signs , symptoms , care and support recevied by hospital staff etc in order to raise more awareness and knowledge and perhaps raise the standard of care.

I felt something was wrong but no doctor or nurse would listen to me until my 11 week scan revealed by baby had died 4 weeks earlier and still they left me another week and a half to ensure it had died. 

Thesis may be entitled : MISCARRIAGE AND PREGNANCY LOSS AND THE HEALTHCARE INVOLVEMENT.. (but also looking for advice on a title that is striking and formal)

Argumemtative and research based 

looking to have around 1000 - 2000 pages 

any advice would be much appreciated , any information people have been told , how staff has treated anything to help my theseus along will be great

Replies

• I would be more then agreeable to help you with your thesis. I had to have a medical termination of pregnancy at 23 weeks as my little boy would not survive. I started to think I had a urine infection from 16 weeks constantly going to gp getting urine tested all came back clear told nothing to worry about. Think I knew something was wrong it was him and not me that was having problems with there waterworks. He had posterior eurethral valves which meant he had a blockage which resulted in severe kidney damage and loss if amniotic fluid so his lungs would not develop. I can tell u my whole experience from being told by the midwife in the fetal medicine department that they would not refer me to the university collage London hospital because of cost to the most caring and amazingmidwifes in the labour ward . Message me if you want further info xx