Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advise

Hi everyone.. ive never done this before but i just need some advise from people who have been through same situation or similar... so me and my partner found out we were pregnant.. but to our horror 2days later i started bleeding i was a mess thinking the worst.. i got referred to early pregnancy care unit were they did a scan to be told they couldnt see anything. . However after about 13 pregnancy tests it says im still pregnant.. doctors are a little confused as i have had no pains or any more bleeding but my hormone levels are still rising but very very slowly they are only 278.. which as you no is very low but yet continue going up... theyve told us it may be a eptopic pregnancy and want me to terminate it with a injection or carry on and see what happens. . Cause they say with no pain they are not worried.. can some 1 please help.. peoples now saying if the pregnancy continues it could burst if it is eptopic but if it carries on a normal pregnancy could my baby have something wrong with it... what do i do ive been backwards and forwards 2 hospital for nearly a month now.. ive shed more tears than i ever have.. cant tell no 1 cant do nothing cause we dont no whats happening.. what to do 😢😢

Replies

• This is a choice only you and your medical professionals can make.  

Do as much research as you can, get second and third or as many opinions medically as possible.  Remember there is also a slight chance they could be wrong.  

Low hormones do usually represent loss or complications but maybe not always.  

if you are in Very early pregnancy that would be why they cannot see anything On scan. 

no pain is good and no more blood is good and hormones rising is good.  

You are right thought there could be something wrong with the development of the embryo or maybe it is going to be an ectopic pregnancy which carries high risks.  

• Doctors at hospital have sat me down saying its a failing pregnancy and may b a eptopic they want me to terminate the pregnancy with a injection.. but i keep thinking could yhe pregnancy work out but now am in doubt.. if it was going to work it should by now im 3month pregnant with hormone levels of 278 that isnt good is it. 

• I'm sorry to hear that Hayley, unfortunately I don't know very much about this but it doesn't sound great.  I understand why you are confused, you do occasionally hear about women who have low hormones etc but it is rare.  Im sure I would be in the same mind as you if in that position.  

if you do decide to end it though just persuade them to do one last scan just to be sure

im sorry I can't be of more help