Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

5 weeks pregnant brown spotting!!

I'm new to this im hoping to hear of some stories which are familiar to mine. i found out I was pregnant on Friday me and hubby were so happy but last night I saw the dreaded brown discharge on the tissue straight away I started to feel cramps in my lower stomach, i had a miscarridge at 6 weeks last year and it started off the exact same way I'm so scared, I went to the doctors this morning they called the EPU unit but they won't see me unless I'm 6 weeks with lots of red blood and pain. The docs took my blood to check progesterone and hcg levels have to call up on Friday for results I'm so scared don't think I can go through all of this again!! 

Replies

• Hey, Milly. I have no words to express how sorry I am for your loss. I lost my child after delivery in the age less than a year. So at least I could say I completely understand you and I am with you. There is no reason to be worried, till you know for sure, what is going on. So don't beat yourself up over it and wait till friday. I'm always here to talk and support you!

• Hi chole thank you for replying I'm so sorry to hear of your loss it's just heartbreaking.  As Much as I'm trying not to worry I'm just convinced this will end in another miscarriage. I have took the day off work today but I have to go back tomorrow it's going to be hard trying to act normal with everyone when I'm so stressed, just need to see what the bloods say I will keep you updated fingers and toes crossed  xx

• So, today is the day X. How do you feel?

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you and your baby! Write me here as soon as you get the result

• Hi Chole so yesterday went well the spotting has stopped and my progesterone level was reading 59 which they said was fine but my hcg results hadn't come back yet?? I'm feeling a lot more positive but I am still getting back ache and slight cramps on one side I'm hoping it's nothing. I have my first appointment with the midwife on Friday. x 

• You see? There was nothing worth of such a concern. I was sure that all just gonna be fine. And I'm still sure those ache and cramps are nothing. But the midwife will tell you for sure on Friday. So, keep smiling and be positive!