Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

No more heartbeat and tough decision

I am currently going through the agony of heartbreak after finding out yesterday that my baby's heart had stopped, had only seen it 6 days earlier (even after bleeding). I now have to decide whether to let nature take its course (like a ticking time bomb) or having an op to remove the tissue.....I've already been bleeding for 10 days. I have a bicornuate uterus  am scared to have the op but at least with op i know a date it will be over. I know it's my decision but it's so so tough to make.😔😔😔 What are people's thoughts? 

Replies

• Options

I was just 9 weeks and baby measured a mere 16mm x X 

• Options

Hi I am sorry to hear that you are going through this.  It's a very horrible and difficult time for you. I had mu

• Options

Sorry,  a missed miscarriage a few years b

• Options

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had a miscarriage and i remember the midwife explaining the options to me - i was so confused by what she was saying and found it hard to take in, but i chose the d&C which is the operation.

To be honest i hadn't had a lot of bleeding, but it was explained to me the procedure was the simplest, fastest way of going forward. The only suffering i experienced from the d&c was the heartbreak - it was a painless procedure, and it was over with, which for me was the best choice. 

The loss never goes away, but i promise you, it does get better and easier to deal with. Lots of love to you. x

• Options

Thank you so much and I'm so sorry for your loss too. Trying to hold onto hope as at least we know I can get pregnant naturally (after just over a year of trying). I think it's already been happening naturally, passed some tissue yesterday after cramping 😔...of course got to go back for scan to check there's nothing left and if there is then apparently they have to still do the op. Been bleeding for so long now, feels like it will never stop. All so exhausting x X x 

• Options

I'm so sorry for my previous unfinished messages,  my phone was playing up yesterday! 

I wanted to say how I understand what you are going through after having a missed miscarriage a few years ago. After having a final 'confirmation' scan I was sent away to make a decision how I wanted to manage things. But I needed to make a decision while still at the hospital so any necessary arrangements could be made.  My husband and I sat in Costa at the hospital with all the info leaflets infront of us. I couldn't digest anything and all I wanted was my baby. It was tough but I opted for surgery as I didn't want the indefinite waiting and knowing it could happen any time.  

It's a very sad time and compounded by the hormones.  I went on to have my little boy last November and like to think of my lost baby as my little dress rehearsal. 

It will get better in time.  Please take care and give yourself time to come to terms with your loss xxx

• Options

Thank you Sunny5, I'm sorry for your loss but congratulations on your beautiful baby. I'm not losing hope yet as it was our first one, but yes it is very difficult to come to terms with especially after seeing a heartbeat and being told everything looks good 😢. One day will be our day x x

• Options

My Gran opened up before she died that between my mum and uncle (7 yrs) she had 3 MC. She only had a d/c the 3rd time and believed it helped get her ready and she was pregnant with my uncle 3 months later.

I know it's your decision and will be difficult but with a d/c there is a set date.

I'm sure you'll go on to have a happy healthy pregnancy your body just wasn't ready for this one.

Take the time to mourn the loss and don't let anyone belittle your emotions. I found this website and forum to help keep me sane and supported me in times of need.

X

• Options

Hi, I am so sorry for your loss. when I had my mmc last year at nearly 12 weeks I opted for a d&c, purely because we had known for nearly two weeks that he was looking like mmc and the nurse said to wait to let it happen naturally could take weeks and I felt I wasn't strong enough for that. Its a quick procedure and like someone said previously the only pain is the heart break. Hoping you will be ok xx