Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Follow up and TTC after miscarriage

Hi Everyone, 

I found out on 25th August at my 12 week scan that I was only measuring 6 weeks (to our surprise it was twins!) There was no heartbeat but we were asked to return 2 weeks later where they confirmed there was no change so I was scheduled in for a medical management on 13th September. Without giving TMI I passed a lot of blood and clots that night so much so that I was put on a drip but even though they were monitoring what I lost they could not confirm whether everything had passed. After this I bled fairly lightly for a few days with another clot passing on the 16th Sept which was the last of it and I took another week off work to get myself together emotionally. 

Since this hospital visit 7 weeks ago I have not been monitored in any way, No further appointments were made or blood taken to confirm levels had dropped. I guess I want to know if this is completely wrong? Should I have been asked to come in for follow up tests since then, I have not had AF since and we have TTC so there is a part of me (driving me insane) hoping that I could be pregnant already. I am now spotting (couple of days now, light pinkish/brown) and have had some very mild cramps but nothing like a normal flow for me. I also am suffering from acne which for me is not normal and is getting me down.

Could anyone advise on whether I should have seen a doctor by now and if they have suffered spots/spotting/cramps this far after and possibly been pregnant, don't want to risk testing too soon and having an incorrect response.